Chapter 31

I wake up from a starteling dream and see Nikko standing at the end of my bed with damp hair.

"Good morning," he says.

I smile, "Good morning."

"How are you feeling?"

I shrug and feel pain radiate in my back, "My back hurts."

He nods, "I'll have my Uncle get your IV out so you can take a bath."

"Are you gonna help me with that?" I ask coyly.

He smirks and shakes his head, "Just wait patiently."

When he comes back with Dr. Gray in tow they both smile.

"You're looking a lot better darling."

"Thank you Dr. Gray."

He smiles and then frowns, "You know you seem to have a habit of getting yourself hurt in fights lately."

I sigh, "I think I'm just accident prone with him around."

Nikko sticks out his tongue and his uncle says, "I'll take the IV out, I want you to leave the bandages on for your shower and put on a new one when you get out. They should be just scars right now but I'd like to be safe."

When he's done he looks at Nikko, "Be careful with her. I'll be checking on Chad."

I look over at his sleeping form and frown, he wasn't healing fast at all, I was draining him.

When Nikko starts running the bath water he says, "Need help undressing right?"

I nod, "Um yeah I think so."

He kneels in front of me and I blush. He sighs and cups my chin, "Baby I've seen everything. Plus your chest is bound with gauze. You're completely covered up."

I look him directly in the eyes, "Then help me."

He smiles and easily helps me peel off my top, and then my pants.

"Go ahead and finish and get in. I'm going to go get you some clothes. Any you would prefer?"

I shrug, "I don't have my favorite sweatpants anymore. Sam had them in my duffle bag and I don't know where he left it."

He frowns and kisses the top of my head, "I'll find you some. I have a ton."

When he's gone I undo my braid and slip off my underwear before lowering myself into the hot bubbly water. When he comes back he sets the clothes on the counter.

"So can I ask you something?"

"You just did," I remark.

He smirks and then sighs, "Why were you in a bar all alone Cassi?"

I gulp, "I was drinking steadily so I could forget everything. All I could picture after midnight was Sam over me. Everytime I closed my eyes that's all I could see until I drank some whiskey."

"And smoked a few cigarettes?"

I look at him, "Yes. That's all I could manage to do. I was confused and lost."

"Emotionally or mentally?" he asks.

I shrug, "Both."

He sighs, "I just wish you didn't feel like you had no choice but to run."

I look at him pointedly, "Calli made a decision though didn't she?"

He nods, "Yes but only after you came back."

"That's still a decision."

He sighs, "Her decision has more to do with the fact that she knows you're either going to choose Chad or me. It's all up to you now."