Chapter 8

***Cassandra***

As soon as the door shut to the bathroom Sadie was on me.

"What. Did. I. Interrupt?"

"Nothing."

"Cassi come on. It's evident you too were making out. Look at your neck."

I look in the mirror at the base of my neck and see the hickey that he had started to make. Thank god it was smallish.

"Oh god," I groan while I rinse out a wash cloth to was my face with.

"So?"

"So what?"

"Are you guys gonna try hooking up?"

"No. I can't. I mean it's Nikko."

"Yeah exactly. Part of you has liked him since forever Cassi. You can't just let that go. Plus he likes you. I can see it when he looks at you Cassi."

"It doesn't matter. In another month we'll both probably find our Mates."

"So then have some fun before that. It won't hurt."

I shake my head at her while I brush my teeth quickly. The smell of the mint was making me nauseated. Or maybe it was just something else. But what was it? I spit into the sink and rinse before I answer her.

"It could hurt. I've known him since I was a baby. We spent over half our lives together. If I let myself feel anything for him now it would only end badly. Plus I kinda promised my sister that I wouldn't let anything happen. I broke that promise already just like last time. I can't do this to her. She can't know," I say while shoving on my slipper boots.

"Okay. But you're going to realize I'm right," she sighs.

I walk back into the room to find that Nikko had laid our sleeping bags out. Phil, Calli, Emmi, Jay, and Nikko all sitting down on them.

"Hey, are you okay? Why didn't you call for us?" Jay is up on his feet asking right away.

"I panicked. I didn't even think about calling out. I guess I'm lucky Nikko came looking."

"Yeah you're really lucky," he growls.

I sit down on my sleeping bag between Emmi and Nikko.

"Hey be happy I remembered. You were the big brother hooking up with that skank," Phil says.

"Ew you mean the skank?" I groan.

"It was a one time thing," he shrugs.

"There is no such thing as one time with that girl Jay! She's like a disease. Plus you know what she did to me and Sadie."

Okay who is the skank you guys are talking about?" Nikko says.

"Lauren Miller," I say looking at him.

"Oh. That Lauren."

Emmi growls, "That Lauren? You mean you slept with her too?"

"Uh I was the first guy she ever slept with."

"No. Trey Alister was in seventh grade. That's all he talked about for a month," I say.

"No eighth grade summer right before high school. Her family came to visit a family friend of my mine and she lost it to me at the pack house."

"Please tell me you did not degrade yourself to that," Emmi says, "I mean you're my cousin but even I know you could have done better. A lot better."