Chapter 22

We had won. We had actually won and I was getting hugs from a million different people. But there was only one I really cared about. When I finally find my parents they're standing around with Jay, Phil, his parents, Sadie, Chace, Chad, and Nikko. Emmi grabs my hand, "There they are!"

She hugs her parents before hugging Jay and I smirk at them. My dad sighs, "I knew that would happen. Did he mark her yet?"

I shake my head, "They want to try to wait until Christmas break so she doesn't have to miss school."

Nikko nods, "That's probably a good idea."

I bite my lip, "Yep. Where's Calli?"

Nikko shrugs, "She ran off as soon as you guys were finished. She told us not to follow her."

I eye him, "And you're okay with not following her?"

He sighs, "It's bugging me. She cut us all off."

I reach out to her and gasp, "That bitch," I mutter.

Phil grabs my arm, "Where is she?"

I look at the three worried guys, "I can't tell you."

NIkko clenches his jaw, "Cassi come on. That's not fair."

I shake my head, "I really can't. I'm sorry. Just trust me, you don't want to know."

Phil frowns, "Are we going to be mad?"

I shake my head, "Um not really."

"Then why can't you tell us?"

I sigh, "She took her car. She's on the way home to erase whatever tape there was. It's so she can't tell me about whatever she's hiding."

Nikko gulps, "Maybe that's a good thing."

"Why? Because it has to do with you?" I question.

He nods, "Yes."

i step back, "What is it?"

He shakes his head, "I really can't tell you. I want to Cassi. But I can't."

I clech my fists, "I'm running home. None of you can stop me and none of you are to follow me."

I turn and without another word I'm gone.

***Nikko***

Phil shakes his head looking after her, "She just broke our rule."

Chad shakes his head to, "She didn't use a Command tone, she used an Alpha tone. I can go after her, but I'm going to wait ten minutes. Then one of you needs to tell Coach she's leaving with her parents and you need to have Emmi pack up her bag."

I nod, "I'll do it. Just go after her as soon as possible. In fact walking her scent now is the best option. You can't stay too far behind. Sam is still out there."

He nods, "I know. Just go. I'll call you as soon as she gets home."

***Cassandra***

When I'm dressed I walk downstairs into our house, "Calli."

She stands up a little shocked, "How are you home already?"

I shrug, "I've been home. I could tell where you were going."

She gulps, "Just trust me. You don't want to know. It'll just hurt you."

"You promised," I snarl.

She bites her lip, "Can you wait until Nikko gets here?"

I shake my head, "No. I want to know now."

She nods, "Fine. I'll put the video in. Just sit down."