Chapter 29

I'm lighing the girls candles when Calli grabs my arm, "Nikko what if they're here?"

I glance at her, "What do you mean?"

She gulps, "What if he saw the thing on the news earlier and he already has her here?"

Sadie sighs, "Then they're here. There's nothing we can do about it now. Just remember if you see Sam not to touch him. We don't know what he's done."

Calli nods and Phil wraps an arm around her, "It's going to be okay. We'll get her back Calli."

Calli looks up at me with tear filled eyes, "What if he kills one of you?"

Chace rubs her back, "You can't think like that Calli. Our only focus is to keep you guys safe."

I nod and light my own candle, "If that means one of us getting killed then so be it."

Sadie wraps her arms around Calli and Calli says, "You guys know I love you all right?"

"We know," I murmur.

When the vigil starts Calli grabs her guitar and starts strumming and singing.

I remember tears streaming down your face

When I said, "I'll never let you go"

When all those shadows almost killed your light

I remember you said, "Don't leave me here alone"

But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe and sound

Don't you dare look out your window darling

Everything's on fire

The war outside our door keeps raging on

Hold on to this lullaby

Even when the music's gone

Gone

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe and sound

Just close your eyes

You'll be alright

Come morning light,

You and I'll be safe and sound

***Cassandra***

It's actually when she finishes singing that I get to see my dad on the television Sam had me watching in the pack house.

"We just want our baby girl home," he says, "Please if you know where she is or Cassi sweetie if you see this please come home. We love you and miss you."

The news reporter says, "At this moment her friends and family surround the tree in front of the highschool praying that Cassandra Stone will find her way back home."

As she goes around speaking to people she lands on Nikko, "Young man from what we know you are a dear friend of Cassandra's. Is there anything you'd like her to know if she's listening?"

He looks into the camera, "Cassi I hope you know how much we love you and miss you. We've been searching for you since the moment you ran away and we'll keep looking until we find you. I love you Andi, you're my best friend."

I choke back a sob as Sam paces back and forth, "This is going to be good."

I glare at him, "You're a bastard."

He stares at the television until the end of the hour when the news reporter says, "After this lighted hour her family and friends plan on going back to the families home for a silent hopeful night."

Sam growls, "They're going to your house. God dammit."

I shrug.

About twenty minutes later he glares at me, "Go to your fathers study and get his keys. We'll surprise them there."

I eye him and nod getting up to walk into his study.

As soon as I'm in there he turns and walks into the hallway bathroom. The idiot.

He didn't know there was a door in my fathers study. I might just make it in time.

Author's Note: Part two of this chapter is Chapter 30 up next. :)

Vote. Fan. Comment.

xoxo, Sara