Chapter 3

***Cassandra***

I had woken up late and when I finally got downstairs in a cute pair of high-waisted black shorts with a Aztec print shirt tucked in. Plus super cute black gladiator sandels. I watched Calli eye my outfit and nod in approval before saying, "I'm leaving with Jay. See you at lunch."

I just grunt. I admit drinking last night had not been my finest choice. Especially when I knew I had school in the morning.

I looked in the mirror in the foyer before heading out the door. My hair was super wavy today and my bangs swept over to the side perfectly. Shaking my head and ruffling my hair a bit to have that perfect messy 'she didn't try to hard' look I grabbed my bags and walked out to my car.

Only about half way to school my car decided to be a bitch.

I pulled over and thought about who to call. I already knew my dad was in a meeting at work and my mom wouldn't answer her phone because she was out shopping with Emmi's mom. I scrolled through my contacts and decided on Phil.

No answer.

So I decide to try Emmi.

No answer.

In a last ditch effort I tried both my brother and sister.

No such luck.

I got out and grabbed my stuff deciding to walk. I really had no other choice. After walking for five minutes a car slowed down next to me.

"Cassi?"

I look over to see a muscular guy with wavy hair and intense blue eyes staring at me, "Oh hi Nikko."

"Was that your car back there?"

"Yeah. Flat tire."

"Come on. Get in," he says shifting into park.

"I rather walk. I hate getting help from people," I grumble.

He laughs, "You always hated accepting help. But get in before I make you."

I sigh and get in the car.

As were almost to the school he decides to ask questions.

"So didin't you try calling your mom or dad?"

"They're both busy. They wouldn't have answered by call."

"What about Jay or Calli?"

"Didn't answer."

"What about Phil or Emmi?"

"No answer. The music in their call was probably too loud."

"What about Sadie? Surely she would have answered. She always answers. Plus she is your sisters best friend."

"Which is exactly why she would have ignored me. If I'm tardy I can't be Captain. Plus because Calli hates me Sadie hates me."

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair, "Damn. For a pack of werewolves you guys sure are bitchy about who you're friends with. Why do you think your sister hates you?"

"I don't know. I think it was that way before I lost my memory but I really don't know. I thought it was from all the attention I got for the year afterwards until well I can't tell you but until something happened to her."

As he pulls in he goes, "Not even something you can tell your best friend?"

I look over at him and sigh while I pick up my bags, "No. Not even you. Plus I'm pretty sure Sadie and Calli will do everything possible to make sure you hate me. Thanks for the ride."