(1)The beginning.

"We'll be back in a few days. Don't worry." dad says as he tosses me the keys to his motorcycle. "Take care of this for me."

I catch them and look up at him. They were all leaving. And I could tell in his voice they weren't coming back for me. He scribbled a few numbers down on a piece of paper and handed them to me. It was the codes to the gun safe. There was about 20 guns in that safe.

"We'll be back." he said as he left the house for the last time.

I sat up. My breathing was heavy and I was sweating. I sat for a moment before I realized where I was. I looked around at the abandoned shelves of the gas station I was in. The sun was rising, and I needed to get moving. I was scanning the shelves of the gas station one last time for supplies. I grabbed one monster, a few boxes of granola bars, and a pack of gum when I heard a few bangs on the door, they were louder than the noises the walkers made. I instinctively dropped what I was holding an hid behind a shelf. After a few moments the glass shattered out of the doors. I peered out from behind the shelf and saw three people walk in. One man had a crossbow, he was the first to speak.

"Michonne, Carl, grab any food you can. I'll look for baby supplies."

and with that, the man started walking toward me. I put my hand on the pistol I had tied to my belt as he got closer. I was going to have to stop him.

"Freeze!" I said as he rounded into the isle I was in. He stopped dead in his tracks.

"Uh, guys. You might want to come over here." he muttered to his colleagues. The woman that was with them was first to appear, with the boy close behind. They came from a distance and saw me easily. They too stopped and put their hands up.

" We don't want any trouble." the man said "We came here to get some supplies."

"Where's your group?" the boy asked, interrupting the man.

"I don't need a group." I said.

Then, the woman spoke, "You do need some bandages by the looks of that cut on your arm." she said looking at my arm.

I'm not cut, am I? I looked down at my arm and felt someone grab my gun and throw me on the ground. They pinned my arms to my back and held them there with their foot. I realized it was the boy when he slid my pistol to the man. He then frisked me for any other weapons. And took my 2 hunting knives along with the other pistol I had around my ankle. I tried squirming from his grasp, but he quickly put all of his weight on my upper back, causing me to cry out in pain. The man gave me a surprised look.

"Carl, off of her."

"But she-"

"I said get off!" the man growled at him. I scrambled to my feet and looked at them. Carl was still holding all of my weapons and I wasn't sure I wanted to take him hand to hand. I looked over at the man who had a hold of my duffle bag and was rummaging through it. He pulled out an old toy car. It was a scale model of a 68 monte carlo that used to belong to my father.

"Carl, if you're going to keep staring at her like that, just cuff her." he said. Carl was quick to pin me against the wall and put the handcuffs on me.

"You said you don't have a group?" the woman asked. Carl was holding the handcuffs like I was going to attack anything.

"Nope," I answered "I keep to myself, and I've been doing just fine by it."

"Daryl," she said, turning to the man, "look at her, maybe Rick will-"

"No, he won't, we were sent on a run not to gather people like this" Carl interrupted, I could feel his eyes burning into my neck. Daryl put the model car back in the bag and looked and me.

"How did you get this far?" he said

"I have a motorcycle parked about a block away."

He studied me a moment longer, then sighed and looked at the woman.

"Michonne was implying earlier that we have a camp about 30 miles from here. We're on a supply run and this is our last stop. There's food and around 5 other people there. And you can come with us back if you want to."

I looked at him blankly. Others? I haven't been in any group before. I nodded.

"Carl, take her to the truck and put her in. I'm going to get her bike and bring it around." he said holding up the keys. "No use, gas ran out in it days ago. Everything I have is in that bag." I told him. Carl took me to the truck and took the handcuffs off of me. I got in and we waited for Michonne to come start it. When she came, Daryl got on his motorcycle and followed us as we left. In the car, I did my best to keep watching the road, but I could feel Carl staring at me again. And I was beginning to feel uncomfortable. I finally turned to him and he snapped his head toward the window. Acting as though he was looking that way the whole time. I looked back out the windshield. A few moments later I could feel Carl staring at me again. I sighed. "Something I can help you with?" I asked, not looking at him. "How old are you?" he said, I felt the intensity of his eyes strengthen.

"I'm 14. Now will you quit staring at me like that?"

"I'm 14, too. Where are your parents?" he said. he didn't stop staring at me.

"They, uh, they left me at home. When things went bad. I don't know where they are, honestly." Carl gave me a strange look. It was a mixture of sympathy and wonder. I didn't want his pity. I'm not a charity case. A few moments later Carl looked out the window again.

"We're almost there." Michonne said. I looked out the window and saw a prison in the distance.