(5)Things get complicated.

When I woke up I felt normal. I squirmed a little and noticed Carl was still holding me, protecting me from myself. We got up and went to get some food. Somehow the subject of my breakdown came up.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Carl wouldn't leave me alone about how much I cried, "You really aren't acting like you're okay."

"Carl! For the thousandth time I am fine. And, uh, thanks for staying with me." I whispered the last part. Carl just hugged me and we sat at the table a little longer. Daryl came in and gave me the bottle of meds they had found for me. I said thanks and took the amount I needed.

"Want to go to bed? You can sleep with me if you want." Carl said with a yawn. I nodded and we went to sleep. I was emotionally exhausted and needed the sleep. I curled up against Carl and went to sleep again.

I opened my eyes, I was in the cell, and I looked over to Carl who was packing his things. I asked him what he was doing.

"Leaving you. You're crazy." I got out of bed and reached for him. He kept walking. I yelled after him, begging him not to leave me.

"Jinxx, wake up! It's only a bad dream!" I opened my eyes to see a concerned Carl looking at me. I hugged him for a few minutes and assured him that I was fine. We went to get lunch and I took the bipolar meds to ensure I didn't have another episode.

After lunch, Carl and I walked around the prison. We didn't talk about my recent episodes, or my past. We just walked in silence. I started trying to figure out why it was so easy for me to talk to Carl, and how I felt around him.

"I don't know, its almost like I'm on fire, but I like it. And then I had my episode and I thought you hated me and-" Carl's lips hit mine. He kissed me. I didn't know how to react. I pulled away and just looked at him.

"Jinxx, I'm sorry." He began. I shook my head no and smiled at him.

"I'll have to pay you back for that." I said as I kissed him again. He grabbed my hands and pinned me to the wall. Then he started kissing my neck. I wrapped my arms and legs around him. This felt so right. He started reaching under my shirt and I instinctively pushed him off. He looked at me for a moment before mumbling that he had to go and leaving. Do I ALWAYS have to mess up? Why did I make him stop? What is WRONG with me? I decided to skip dinner and left the prison for a while to clear my head. I walked around the abandoned cell blocks.

When I went back after dinner Carl was talking to his dad. He saw me and walked over.

"Where were you?" he demanded from me. I told him I was just walking around a little.

"We were searching everywhere for you! Why'd you scare me like that?" he scolded me.

"I didn't do anything wrong, Carl, you're overreacting."

"Like hell I am! You disappeared, what if you had been attacked?"

"After you left me there? Carl, you and I both know what was going to happen and you left me there!" Rick had left the room to give us some privacy.

"What was I supposed to do? Let it happen? You're the one who stopped it." Carl was getting really mad now, it was worrying me.

"Carl, calm down. I don't think we should-"

"Shut up!" he yelled. I felt something push me back. He had pushed my ribs out of place again and I began coughing up blood. I looked at Carl, his eyes were non-human for a moment, they went back to their normal color again. He looked at me.

"Jinxx, I-I didn't mean to." he whispered. I got up and stumbled to him.

"I know you didn't." I said, blood dripping from the corner of my mouth.