(8)Recovery

I opened my eyes and noticed that I had a few blankets over me. I looked around and saw that Carl was sleeping in a chair next to me. Trays of half-eaten food were scattered around the room. Did Carl stay with me the entire time? Just then Daryl walked in with more food and a blanket for Carl.

"Huh, kid fell asleep." he laughed as he put the blanket on Carl.

"How long was I asleep?" I asked. Daryl turned to me.

"Around seven days. Carl hasn't left your side. Hasn't eaten or really slept either." he responded. I blushed. Oh course he stayed with me, he cared about me. I would have done the same for him. Daryl shook Carl awake. He groggily sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"What, I'm not leaving her here." he said. His morning voice was deep. I love it. He looked over at me and saw that I was awake.

"Jinxx, your awake!" he said as he got up and hugged me. I sat up and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Can we go eat? I'm starving." I asked. Daryl and Carl nodded and I started to get up. Carl and Daryl stood close by me. I tried standing but my injured leg wouldn't have it, and I fell. Carl caught me and put my arm around his neck and held my waist against him to support me.

"I can care for myself, you know." I said to him.

"I know you can, but I want to help." he replied. Then he picked me up and carried me. I just laughed, he was trying to annoy me. He carried me all the way to the cafeteria where Maggie was cooking.

"Well look who finally woke up." she said to Glenn who was rummaging through the fridge for something. He looked up and said hi to me as Carl put me down at a table. Hershal walked into the room.

"How the hell did you get here?" he asked.

"I carried her." Carl said looking proud of himself. Hershal laughed and Maggie put food in front Carl and I.

"I want you both to eat all of it." she said. Carl just glared at her. I didn't start eating.

"What's wrong?" Carl asked me.

"Someone told me you haven't been eating?" Carl nodded "So for every bite I take you have to take one too. Okay?" I told him. he agreed and we started eating.

"You are extremely stubborn, miss Six." Carl told me when we had finished eating.

"Thank you, mister Grimes." I told him. Beth walked into the room and asked me if I knew who shot me. Daryl said no one had been near the prison.

"I don't care who shot me. I care that it was me and not one of you." I said.

"You know, I turned 15 yesterday." Carl told me.

"And no one woke me up? Happy Birthday!" I told Carl. I asked if someone could cut my hair and Carol said she would cut mine and Carl's. Carol finished mine first and helped me to our cell to wait for Carl. He came out with a sheriff's hat on and his hair was just past his ears.

"Well don't you look adorable." I teased him. His hair had been almost as long as mine.

"You know it." he said.

"Why haven't I seen this hat before?" I asked as I took it off of him and put it on.

"Maybe you were always busy not listening to me." he said as he hit it down over my eyes. I pushed it back up and kissed him. He picked me up and we went to get my things from where Hershal had operated on me.

"I can walk Carl!" I protested again.

"No you can't. Hershal would kill me if I made you walk." Carl told me sternly. We gathered my things and put them back in the cell. Carl then convinced me I had to see the sunset and took me outside.

"I'm starting to think you just like carrying me around to piss me off." I told him as he took me out to the yard.

"You're right, I like carrying you around. Making you mad is just a bonus." he teased me. We watched the sunset and talked for a few hours. I started yawning every now and then and fell asleep. A while later I felt him pick me up to take me to our cell. I nuzzled myself against his neck and kissed it. We got to the cell and he laid me on the bed before laying next to me. I rolled over to face him.

"You know what I noticed?" I said sleepily.

"What?" he said, playing with my hair.

"You didn't lock the cell door. You told me when I first got here you always do in case the walkers get in." I explained. Carl blushed and I laughed at him.

"Was that so I wouldn't run off?" I said laughing. He nodded and I laid back down and went to sleep. Carl pulled me next to him and held me all night.

When I woke up that morning I heard Carl yelling at Beth.

"Why the hell did you shoot her?" he screamed.

"She was in my line of fire, I didn't mean to!" Beth cried. I got up and limped over to peek out of the cell at them.

"No way in hell she was in your way twice! Do you want to know what it feels like to get shot that deep? Well?!" he pulled out his gun and pointed it at Beth. She started crying more, begging Carl not to shoot her. He cocked the gun and put his finger on the trigger.

"Carl no!" I yelled as I ran up and tackled him, grabbing the gun. I held him down and he tried taking it back.

"Carl, calm down. She said she didn't mean it." I said as I pinned his arms down over his head and sat on him. He squirmed a few more moments before looking at me.

"Jinxx, you were shot twice. I don't think that was an accident. You should be in bed." he said a little more calmly.

"You should be in bed too. Come on." I told him as I got off of him. He didn't pick me up but let me lean on him back to the cell. I wasn't going to let him shoot some one because of me. He wasn't thinking straight. This time I wrapped my arms around him and wouldn't let him go. He needed more sleep, maybe that was why he was making such rash decisions.

When I woke up again, Carl was still next to me. He opened his eyes and looked at me.

"You are so beautiful." he whispered to me. I just blushed and hid my face from him.

"Don't be like that, you're too pretty to hide your face." he said while lifting my chin. He gently kissed me and I finally let him go. He seemed to be in a much better mood now he had some sleep. Carl bugged me all day and eventually we told Rick and Daryl that Beth admitted to shooting me. Rick moved her to a cell away from Carl and I and things slowly went close to normal.

AUTHORS NOTE.

A new update is coming soon, I promise. There's a chapter missing because wattpad glitched and deleted it. For those reading this, I fixed this chapter to have the same info that was in the missing chapter. You aren't missing anything in the story. don't worry.