(12) Everyone Has a Secret

Daryl was about to push me out to a bunch of walkers. I know he won't leave me out there. Or, I hope he won't. Rick let Carl go but they both just stood there, waiting for me to admit it. The door opened and Daryl was about to shove me out when Carol yelled at him.

"You can't do that, Daryl! She's pregnant!" she screamed. Daryl stopped and looked at me in disbelief. I nodded, still crying about the fact my dad was about to push me outside to die. He pulled me back in and threw me against a wall.

"Is that what was going on last week?" he yelled at me. He was talking about when he came looking for me and Carl. I nodded. He moved over to Carl and shoved him against the other wall.

"If I hear you fighting with her again, I'll gut you alive. Don't ever touch her again." he growled at him. Daryl can get really mad at me, but he was always really protective too. Carl nodded and Daryl stormed off. Rick shook his head.

"Its a shame, I was planning things for you." he said. Being pregnant was like being put to death around here, I just hope Carol can save me. He walked away too and I was left with Carl across from me and Carol down the hall, still in shock. Carl walked over to me and tried to help me up by grabbing my arm. I was still crying, I just can't stop.

"Jinxx, come on. I didn't- get the fuck up." he said as he tried to force me up. I pulled away.

"Get the fuck away from me, Grimes." I yelled. He let out a frustrated sigh and Carol finally came down and helped me up.

"You okay?" she asked.

"Yea. I think I'm getting some bruises, though. I don't know where I'm going to sleep tonight." I told her she said she could take the top bunk of her cell and let me have the bottom. We went back to her cell and Carol looked to make sure nothing had seriously hurt me or the baby. I was already getting bruises from Carl. She said I should be okay and told me to get some sleep.

I woke up to Carol talking to the entire prison outside her cell. I wasn't ready to hear them say they felt bad for me, so I listened to what she was telling them.

"And you! Daryl, I can't believe you threatened to throw Jinxx outside to the walkers!" she yelled.

"I-" Daryl started but Carol cut him off.

"You should be supporting her. She's terrified. You too, Carl. Jinxx needs you two helping her." she said to them.

"I know, I got scared. I had to think about what was going on. Can I talk to her?" Carl asked and Carol huffed. I think she was done with her rant. Carl came in and I pretended to be asleep, hoping he would leave me alone. He sat on the edge of the bed.

"Baby, I know you're awake. Please talk to me?" he begged. I opened my eyes and waited for him to talk.

"I shouldn't have lost my temper yesterday, and I shouldn't have left when Carol said what was going on. I'm scared. I can't lose you like I lost my mom." he apologized.

"I know, I get it. But you can't do that again. It not just my problem. This kid is yours, too and I need you helping me." I told him and he nodded. Daryl came in and asked Carl to talk to me. Carl kissed my forehead and left.

"I'm here to say sorry, too. I wouldn't have left you out to the walkers, I just needed to know what was going on. Forgive me?" he said. I said yes and he hugged me, saying if Carl got out of line to let him know. Then came Rick, he said he was willing to help me if I needed it and I said okay. Maggie and Beth came in after Carol brought me lunch.

"Hey." Beth said cautiously, standing in the doorway. We didn't get along well, so we just stayed out of each other's business. I didn't like talking to her much after she shot me, but I did forgive her for it.