Luke Heart is Sick (part 3)

(Lucy's POV)

"So are we gonna do this or not?"
.
.
.
"Yeah yeah. Just say something about your childhood or..."

"Yeah. I guess that works." I said. Natsu seemed to be too interested. He's been acting so strangely lately. I sighed and propped myself up. "Before I lived with my dragon, I lived with my mom. She was the kindest person you'd ever meet. She always told me stories about a really strong mage that had every magic. I loved those stories."

(Flashback)

"Lucy come here" my mother called me over.

"Yes mommy?" I sat next to her on a bench in the yard. She placed my head on her lap and stroked my hair. "I want to tell you a story about a girl who became a powerful mage. Would you like to hear it?"

"Yes!" I said excitedly. She smiled down at me and started. "There was once a girl, she found a dragon in the forest who taught her a powerful magic that allowed her to use all magics. She felt like she was invincible. She defeated many enemies, and triumphed over many. One day she met a group of princes. They all fell in love with her, and she them. But she refused to tell them about her power, fearing they would take advantage of her. So she never did. There came a time where she faced many challenges, and when she went to use a certain type of magic, she wasn't able to. It was only then that she realized she didn't have every magic, that she wasn't invincible. She realized she lacked so many kinds of magic like Iron, Shadow, holy, ice, Gravity, light, poison, and others. But the most important thing she didn't have was life and death magic. She felt useless. But when the princes found out, they didn't care. They loved her nonetheless. They loved her for who she was, not what magic she did and didn't have. With them, she was able to overcome anything. Do you know what the moral of the story was Lucy dear?" She finished. "What mommy?"

"Love is the strongest of them all. No matter how powerful you are." She said. At the time I was confused. I always wanted to know who the girl was. And now I know.

(Flashback end)
That girl is me.

I suddenly stop when I come to the realization why i couldn't use so many things. My dragon said that my magic was all powerful. I guess I let that go to my head. It never came across me to see if I could use certain things. I started panicking. What if a time came where I needed to use something, and I wasn't able to. What if it was a life or death situation. I'm suppose to be a Supreme Dragon slayer! I started to shake. I'm so stupid. Who'd actually have all dragon slayer magics.

"Luke! Oi! Are you okay!?" Gray was shaking me. I snapped out of it. "S-sorry. Anyways. My mother died when I was 5. After that I ran away from home and found my dragon. That's pretty much it."

I felt stupid. All this time...

Natsu looked at me and felt my uncomfortableness. "Well okay. Let's go Gray. He needs to rest."

"Heh, since when were you companionate?"

Natsu scoffed and grabbed Gray and dragged him out of the room.

Isn't it strange. To find out reminiscing. This kinda seems like something you'd put in a story to make someone seem not as great as they were portrayed as. So cliché. Yet here I am now. I sighed again, something I've been doing a lot lately. I sneezed and rubbed my nose. My cold isn't getting much better. At least I don't have a fever anymore. I picked up my book again. 'DEAR KABY'. A book that was an apology letter to Kaby, the son of the author. It was really touching.

I started on page 273, and I fell asleep around page 347, the book lying right on top of my face.

~time skip~

I woke up to the sound of a fire alarm. I made sure I had my wig and binding on before I ran out of the room into the kitchen. The alarm was giving me a headache. "What the heck guys!" I yelled. Natsu was currently burning the kitchen down, trying to cook salmon.

Loke just stood there like an idiot and Gray was trying to freeze the fire.

"It's Natsu's fault. He doesn't know how to cook, and he knows it, yet he still tried cooking for you."

I looked at Nastu. He was trying to put the fire out. He was trying to cook for me? He's been treating so strangely, like....DOES HE KNOW IM A GIRL?!

I seriously hope I'm overreacting. He can't possibly know. He doesn't have the mentality. Actually no. He does, but he's too dense.

I grasp my hair in frustration. "I'm going back to my room." I said.

This is too much.

Too much for me to handle all at once.

________________
I think this by far is the worst chapter.

DO NOT COMMENT ON THIS STORY BY AGREEING WITH THAT STATEMENT PLEASE! It doesn't really help my self esteem. Anyways. It's all good. I just needed to write something, and this was what came to mind when I needed to lower Lucy's magic abilities. Cause she can't be invincible. Although she never was in the beginning, because opposite powers cancel out one another. So she's just like a regular mage that can get hurt by anything. Just not lightning. Cause it doesn't have an opposing magic that I could think of.