2

Jay

I stood up from the bed and went to the kitchen. Time I walk in I saw Rima feeding Kiera, "Hey Jay." Kiera said as her eyes lit up in excitement. "Sup baby girl," I went over to the stove and saw cheese eggs and sausage. It wasn't much, but it was enough. "You doing ok today baby," I ask Rima as I kissed her cheek before I sat down with them at the table. "Yea, better than yesterday." "That's good." "So what you gonna do today?" She ask me then I held my finger up as I took a sip of my juice. "Going to go speak to my dad." She nodded, "Ok." "You gon be good over here right." "Yea." I still wasn't sure so I decided to text Kim, and tell her to come chill with Rima.

I finish my food then went put my dishes in the sink. Kim said she should be here soon so I waited on her before I left. "Baby," I heard Rima said causing me to follow her voice in the living room. Once I was in the room I saw her mouth wide open as she stared at her phone. "What's wrong?" I ask feeling a little worried from her expression, "I think Darnell killed someone." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What?" I questioned then she should me the messages Toya sent her then a picture of his car on the news. I sighed hard because I know for a fact Darnell killed this nigga for fucking with his son. Rima frowned at me, "Why are you so calm?"

"Because this shit is true." Her eyes widen as she jumped up, "What?! He could go to jail!" "No he aint, just don't say shit about it. They said they don't know who did it so he good." She look unsure so I got up and embraced her, "Let me tell you something. When your with us you don't ever have to worry about anything because we got you. Now you know that dude is the reason for Toya going into labor early. Darnell don't like that shit at all. That's his son life that was on the line. Plus the dude been mad disrespectful to us. So to me I'm glad the nigga dead, and you shouldn't be worried or scared ok." She nodded her head. We hugged each other then we heard someone knock on the door.

"Alright baby I'll be back," I kissed her cheek and rushed over to the door. Time I open it Kim push right pass me like I wasn't shit, "Damn girl." She turned around and look at me, "Damn boy." "Is there a problem?" I ask then she shrugged before going into the living room with Rima. I shook my head as left out my apartment. I quickly went down the stairs towards my car.

I grabbed my phone and called Darnell. He answered on the first ring, "Sup nigga." "Damn you desperate huh." I said as I start to laugh, "What the fuck that suppose to mean?" Before I could say something I heard Ms. Welton going off about him cussing, "Dang ma, you the one that came in here." "This my fucking house right." He smack his lip before he started back talking, "Anyway-" "Anyway my ass," She said cutting him off.

"Damn boy. I swear yo momma funny as hell." "Yea whatever. So what I gotta be desperate for," He questioned as I jumped in my car. "Oh cause yo ass answering the phone on the first ring. Who does that?" He smack his teeth, "Man ain't nobody got time acting like they don't see someone calling them. You know I stay having my phone in my hand anyway." I shook my head at him as I took off down the road. "Anyway, why you didn't tell me?" "Tell you what?" "About Xavier." The line got quiet before he started talking.

"Man I don't know. I guess I was so overwhelmed with everything I forgot to tell you," He said truthfully. "Ok. Well I'm glad that's over, but wasn't you suppose to been told me something about him." "Oh yea guess who he was cheating on Toya with." "Who?" "Lynn." I furrowed my eyebrows as I tried to think of a Lynn but I couldn't, "I don't know a Lynn." "The bitch that got Rima fired and shot Dana." My eyes widen in shock, "What." "Yea, and I got something for her ass too. I would ask Dana what she want me to do." He said with so much anger in his voice. "See man this is why we need to leave this piece of shit. Too much going on out here man," I said as I turned down my dad street.

"Yea your right. I talk to my mom about moving, and suprisgnly she wants to be in LA too." I nodded as I listen to the new information, "You think everyone will decide on where to go." "Man I don't know, but I'm going to take my momma to LA she miss it there. Plus my baby wants to be there too." He said then I rubbed my face in frustration, "Well I'm finna go in here and talk to my dad about moving." "Aight hold on I'm finna head outside." He said before hanging up the phone. I got out and waited beside my car for him to come out.