12

Toya

I stared at my computer reading everything this school has to offer. I click on their nursing program looking for their requirements. I smiled feeling very proud that I meet them.

"Ahhhh,"

I shook my head listening to Dre screamed at the top of his lungs. I honestly thought I was going to go crazy from all this crying he do, but I'm use to it now. I love the fact that I have me a little one to look after.

"Momma's here," I told him as I held him in my arms.

I thought maybe he was hungry and went to go get his bottle. On my way to the kitchen I heard my doorbell ring. I went to go answer it and came face to face with Rima and Dana.

I smiled, "Hey y'all."

"Wassup girl what you been up to?"

I shrug, "Being a momma." I closed the door and followed them into the living room.

"So where is my little Dre," Rima ask and I pointed towards his room.

I stood there staring at Dana. It was obvious she didn't want to be here.

"How you been doing Dana?"

"Good."

"I heard you're leaving and I just want to say I hope you enjoy it. You're doing the right thing, and don't stop chasing what you want in life."

She stared at me for a minute, "Sorry I was just shock at what you said, but thank you so much for that. I been dreaming about being an actress, and I can't believe it will happen."

I couldn't do anything but smile at her. I feel bad for being so stupid and childish. She just don't know how well life we be for her.

"Girl why he crying?" Rima ask coming back into the living room.

"Damn I forgot to feed him," I said rushing to get his bottle.

"Damn girl you already being a bad mother?" Rima joke

I mugged her before giving the bottle to her. She went over to the couch talking to him. I turned on the tv and sat on the couch

"Did you ever dream of being something in life?" Dana ask me.

I nodded, "Actually I've always wanted to be a nurse. I was going to do that after high school, but I been doing other shit. Today I've been looking at this school not too far from here. It have a wonderful nursing program, and I meet all the requirements."

Dana smiled, "That's wonderful Toya your a good mother, Dre is so lucky."

She look over to him before looking at the floor. I started feeling bad about everything she been through. I'm crazy as hell, and if I was in her position whoever pulled the trigger ass would've been mine.

"So what's the name of the movie. What you're going to do?"

She laughed some, "Hell I don't know."

I tilt my head and started laughing, "The hell Dana. Well what do you know?"

"Shiid my ass will be in it."

I shook my head at her crazy ass. Rima brought Dre over to me because he was crying again.

"Gon head and help your baby burp," She told me.

"Girl Dre really tried me the other day. I was burping him and he threw up all over me. I'm not even talking about the little shit babies throw up. He threw up like he was a grown ass man."