10

Rima

"Ok now Dana you know I love you right," I said and she nodded.

I know she been anxiously waiting on my response to her going to California, and today is the day we finally get to talk about it.

"Well honestly Dana I don't want you to go, but I know how important this is to you. I want you to be happy and you deserve to be happy."

"Thanks Rima."

I sighed hard, "So I feel you should go only if you go to school and keep your grades up, and visit me every other weekend."

She jumped into my arms screaming yes causing me to laugh at her. I love this girl with all my heart. I'm so happy she will be apart of a movie where millions of people will see her.

"Thank you Rima," She said softly as her eyes watered up.

"Why you crying?"

"It just overwhelming. I can't believe this is actually going to happen."

I gave her a big smile as we held on to each other. Once we pulled away we stood there thinking.

"You know we have to tell Marshall and mom right," Dana said

"We can tell Marshall now, but for mom we will wait."

She started smiling again as we walk out the room. We went to the front where everyone was at and told them the plan.

"Well little lady I hope everything goes good for you," BC said. (For those who forgot BC is Kim and Jayce dad)

"Thank you."

"So when is y'all leaving?" BC ask

"We was thinking after I graduate or July," I told him and he nodded.

"Good, if you girls need anything just let me know."

I gave him a smile. He been a good help since I been here and I appreciate him for that. Him and his wife did a good job on Kim and Jay. Sometimes I envy them because they had a perfect life and parents. Meanwhile I was being stupid and falling for shit like a dumb little girl.

"Darnell why you haven't brought Dre by yet?" Kim questioned.

"Man he ain't old enough to be traveling. If you want to see him you have to stop by Toya hou-"

"Hell nawl I'm good."She said as she shook her head.

I laughed some, "Come on Kim, Toya is not that bad."

"Girl bye, I'll end up hurting that little girl."

I couldn't do anything but laugh. I must admit that everyone is right she is a handful, but she actually cool. They will have to get to know her like I did.

"I need to see him soon anyway boy. Your like another son, and that's my grand baby." BC said

D nodded, "I understand and you will soon. Just got to wait until the right time."

"How's things going with the baby momma," Jay ask him.

"She don't want a job, and we been trying to tell her she have to."

"I thought Toya was a babysitter," Dana said with a confused expression.

"She is, but she haven't been getting that many kids lately and she needs the money."

"Well Ima hit her up and talk some sense into her," I told him.

Soon it was time for us to go our separate ways. Me, Jay, and Kiki got in the car and waved bye. I sighed as I rest my head on the seat.