13

Darnell

I got dreams of livin' lavish
In the kitchen whippin' magic
I got dreams of livin' lavish
In the kitchen whippin' magic
Bad bitches, bad habits
I ain't asked nan nigga for nun, I took the harder way
12 pulled me over caught me with the dope, they took my hard away
Hardaway, hardaway, hardaway, young Penny Hardaway

We was riding as I bobbed my head to the beat. I can honestly say I relate to this shit man. This my whole fucking life in a song. I turned it up getting hype to this shit. Jay look at my ass like I was weird.

"Ok I see you Shad," I said looking at him dancing to the beat.

We was on our way to my momma house to drop Shad off from being at his friends house. I nodded at some old friends as we headed down the street. Once Jay park the car Shad was already gone. I shook my head at his ass, I bet he playing that damn game. I think I should buy me one, but I'm not the game type.

We got out the car and went inside. My mouth watered to the smell of my momma greens. I walk into the kitchen and saw mac and cheese, greens, cornbread, neck bones, pork chops, and a banana pudding.

"Gahdamn," I mumbled.

"What the fuck you say Darnell?" My mom said entering the kitchen along with everyone else.

"Nothing momma, you got it smelling good as f-..I mean it smell good momma."

"Thank you baby. Fix you and Jay something to eat unless y'all staying."

I look over to Jay and he shrug. I don't have to be at Toya until 4 so I got 3 hours. I quickly started fixing me a plate making sure I grabbed everything. I went over to the table and saw Jay reach his hand out.

"What?" I ask.

"Ain't that for me," He ask confusingly.

"Uhhhh no."

He smack his lip and got up, but stop in his tracks. I turned around and saw Dria standing there holding a plate out to him. He look skeptical at first but took it anyway.

"Uhh thanks," He said before sitting back down.

"You welcome Jay," She sang causing us to frown.

The fuck she singing his name for and fixing him a plate. That's my cousin and all, but she better stop before Rima kill her ass.

Soon everyone was eating at the table as mom talk about her day. I look over and notice Dria staring at Jay hard as fuck. Once she saw me looking she look down at her plate. I'm really starting to think Dria still has feelings for Jay.

"What y'all doing today?" Mom ask and I shrug.

"Well everyone chilling at Toya house while she at work."

"Everyone?"

"Yea me and Dana, and Jay and Rima."

Dria made a huffing sound at the sound of Rima's name which made me smirk at Jay. He notice it to and shook his head. I feel so bad for his ass now.

"So where do she work at?"

"Some restaurant down by Derlintons."

"Oh ok then I heard that's a nice place. I should go by there one day and check it out."

"Can I come with y'all?" Dria ask

"Uhh I don't kn-"

"She should go," My momma said