First Meeting

Ava briskly walked through the halls and stopped someone.  "Nick, is the guests here?"

"Ugh, Mark is here.  So is Seth.  Ed hasn't shown up yet."  He answered.

"Okay, find out where he is.  We start taping in an hour."  She demanded.

Nick answered, sarcastically, "Yes, ma'am."

Ava just walked off.  She loved her job at the Tonight Show.  She always got to meet new people and Jimmy was a joy to work with.  But a lot of people didn't take her seriously since she was one of the youngest producers.  But she busted her ass to get to where she was and refused to let anyone tell her she didn't deserve it.  She walked down the hall to a door to a room where they set up the guest before they went on.  She knocked on the door and a man yelled, "Come in."

She opened the door and walked in.  Mark Wahlberg and Seth MacFarlane were sitting in the room.  Mark eyes lit up as he saw her.  "Ava!"  He got up as she walked over to him with a smile and he stood up.  He hugged her as she hugged him back.  "How are you?"

She pulled away.  "Good." She answered.  "Busy as hell but I am doing good."

Mark smiled.  "That's is good to hear.  I have missed you.  How is Sam?"

"He is a typical nine year old.  He keeps asking if you are coming to his birthday next month.  You haven't missed on yet." She pointed out.

He laughed slightly and nodded. "Of course, I wouldn't miss it."  He answered.

She smiled and Mark realized Seth was standing next to him.  He quickly said, "Oh, damn.  Ava this is Seth MacFarlane.  Seth, this is my good friend, Ava Miller."

Seth smiled at her and stuck out his hand.  She took it as she shook his hand and he asked, "Came to catch the show."

"Actually, I work for the show.  I am a producer here." She answered.

"Really?"  He was taken back.  "You look mighty young to be a producer here."

She smiled as this wasn't the first time she heard it. "I am twenty eight.  I am actually probably one of the youngest producers you will met."

Seth just nodded.  Ava went back to conversating with Mark.  Seth stared at her.  He found her to be very beautiful.  She was average height with long brown hair and bronzed skin.  She seemed fit and look to take very good care of herself.  Seth seemed to be transfixed on her.  Then Mark said, a little loud, "Yo, Seth!"

She shook himself and said, "Huh?"

"She said that we will be on in about forty five minutes."  He said.

"Oh, yeah, okay, good.  Thanks."  Seth almost seemed to be stumbling over his words.

Ava said and said, cheerfully, "Great.  Now, I gotta get back to work.  They get lost without me."

Mark chuckled.  Ava started to walk out and Mark quickly stopped her.  "Ava!"

"Yeah"  She turned to him.

"We are going out for dinner tonight.  You should join us."  He said.

She looked a little unsure, "I would have to find a sitter."

"Bring Sam.  I haven't seen my nephew in a while.  Plus I can tell him myself the good news about his birthday."  Mark reassured.

She nodded with a smile.  "Okay.  Just text me the details.  And make sure it is kid friendly."

Mark laughed.  "Will do."

She walked out and the men went to sit back down.  Seth then asked, "How do you two know each other?"

"I met her like ten years ago.  Kinda grew a bond with her.  Like a big brother, kid sister type thing.  I have been close to her and her son.  She was in a bad place at the time and I helped her out.  Ever since, we have been close."  Mark answered.

"Oh."  Seth only replied.  Then he asked, "She married?"

"No.  Hasn't been in years."  Then it dawned on Mark what Seth was getting at.  "Whoa.  She is off limits, Seth."

"What?  I wasn't even thinking anything like that.  Just she has a kid so I assumed."  Seth retorted.  Then pointed out, "And I thought you said it was just a big brother, kid sister relationship."

"It is."  Mark explained, "Look, Seth.  She just isn't that type."

"What the hell is that suppose to mean?"  Seth said, slightly angry.

Mark quickly explained, "I mean, you are the romantic type.  You know swipe a girl off her feet and date.  She isn't really the dating type."  Then asked, "And why you getting angry that I said that.  I thought you weren't thinking like that."

Seth didn't say anything and Mark said, sincerely, "Look, I love her, I do.  But trust me when I tell you, she will hurt you.  I have seen it happen."

Seth just looked at Mark and nodded.