New Job

Sam was released and back to school by Monday morning and Ava started her job.  Once she got there, she was lead to Conan's dressing room, as he wanted to welcome her.  She hadn't met him yet.  She was surprisingly calm for her first day.  She knocked on his dressing room door and heard him said, "Come in."

She opened the door and walked in.  Conan looked at her and said with a smile, "You must be our new producer."

"Yes, Mr. O'Brien.  I'm Ava Miller."  She walked over and stuck out her hand.

He took it and shook it.  "Nice to met you, Ava.  Also just Conan, no formalities.  I can't stand that."  He told her.

She nodded with a smile and said, "Got it."

"So, you come highly recommended.  I mean, you look too young to be a producer but I was told you were very good at your job.  That from the very beginning, you were never intimidated or shy around guest."  He seemed impressed.

"Yeah, my best friend is in the biz.  I got use to it very quickly."  She said with a smile.  Even though deep down she was infuriated.

She figured the person who highly recommended her, was a certain celebrity who she shared a bed with.  Which pissed her off if he did as she told him she didn't want his help.  Then Conan pulled her out of her thoughts.  "So, who is it you know?"

"I'm sorry."  She shook herself.

"You said your best friend is in the biz.  Do you mind if I asked who that is?"  He asked.

She smiled.  "Uh, yeah.  Just a little actor name Mark Wahlberg."

He looked at her in shook, "Really?"

"Ummm, yeah, for over ten years now.  He is a good buddy.  He is almost like a big brother."  She explained. 

"Hmmm, that is interesting."  Then he asked as he stood up, "Well, you will not be officially working today as they want you to shadow our producer who is leaving, I mean, I don't think you will have a hard time learning everything.  I don't think it is any different between the two shows."

"I wouldn't know.  The Tonight Show was my first show as a producer.  So, I will see.  I am a quick learner, I am sure I will figure it out." 

"Do you want to welcome one of our guest with me?"

"Sure, that be fun."  She quickly said with a smile.  Then she asked him, "Do you mind if I ask you who recommended me?"

Conan quickly replied, "Oh, Jimmy himself.  When it was brought to my attention you worked on his show, I called and asked him about you.  He went on and on about what a wonderful person you were and how much of a hard worker you were.  Honestly, as much as he went on, I thought he had a thing for you."

She laughed as some people back at the show thought the same thing.  She always reassured them that he was over friendly and pointed out he was married.  They were just good friends.  "Nah, he is just a good buddy."  She remarked.

They stopped in front of a door and he knocked on the door.  They heard a woman behind the door say, "Come in."

They walked in and Ava saw a female on the couch and when she turned to Ava, she saw it was Mila Kunis.  Ava's heart dropped.  Her heart raced and her breathing slightly hitched.  She knew Seth and Mila worked together on Family Guy and since Alex found out, she was afraid Mila knew too.  She prayed to God, if she did, she wouldn't say anything to Conan.  Instantly, Conan said to her, "Mila, this is my new producer, today she is kinda shadowing who she is replacing."

Mila stood up and reached her hand out.  Ava took it and shook it.  She said, sweetly at Mila, "Nice to met you."

Then Mila had this look in her eyes as if she recognized Ava and asked, "Do I know you?"