Back to Normal

Seth woke up the next morning, alone on the couch, naked, with a blanket over him.  He didn't know how long he slept but he felt well rested.  He looked on the ground to see his clothes lying there and quickly grabbed them.  He got dressed and began to look for Ava.  He moved upstairs and found Ava with Sam in Sam's room.  He peeked in as they seemed to be coloring together.  He smiled as Ava interacted with her son.  Seth loved watching her in mommy mode.  Ava noticed Seth.  "Hey, there.  Sleep good?"  She asked.

"Yeah."  He chimed.  "The best in days."

Ava noticed Seth looking refreshed.  She didn't know if it was the sexual release or the sleep or both, but he looked so much better then he had in days.  She stood up and walked over to him.  She gave him a kiss and his facial hair tickled her.  She pulled back and moved her fingers over the facial hair.  She cringed as she said, "This has to go."

"I don't know."  Seth smiled as he moved his hand over the bottom half of his face.  "I kinda like it."

"Seth, you looked like a bum."  She said, displeased.

He laughed and said, "Okay, it will be gone today."

"Good."  She said with a smiled and quickly kissed him again.  Then she asked, "You hungry?"

"Actually, I am."  As he realized he was starving.

"I'll make you breakfast then."  She said to him.

She moved out of the room.  Seth watched her move down the hall and disappear down the stairs.  He looked back into the room at Sam as he continued to color.  He said to the boy, "How about you pack that up and we'll take it downstairs and I'll color or draw with you."

Sam's eyes brightened as he loved the idea.  He quickly got the stuff together.  They both walked downstairs and moved to the counter.  They sat on the bar stools and began to color together.  Ava would look over at them from time to time as she cooked breakfast as she smiled at the pair.  As they continued, Sam stopped and looked at Seth.  He asked, "Seth, can I ask you something?"

"Sure."  Seth chimed as he continued to color. 

"You love mommy, right?"  He asked.

Seth stopped coloring and looked at him.  He said to the boy, "Of course, I do."

"And you love me?"  Sam asked.

Seth smiled as he answered, "I do, Sam."

"And you are basically like my dad, right?"  He asked Seth.

Seth looked at Ava as she was already looking at Sam startled by his question.  He looked back at Sam and smiled, "I guess, I am."

"Well, can I call you dad?"  Sam asked, hopeful.

Seth was in shock by the request.  He loved Sam but never dared crossed that line.  But now Sam wanted to.  Seth had no clue how to answer his question.  He looked at Ava some help.  She was in shock.  Her eyes were tearing up and her hands were over her mouth.  She then noticed Seth looking at her.  He wanted her approval, she could tell.  She removed her hands as she smiled.  "I'm okay with it, if you are."  She told him softly.

He looked back at Sam, who was looking at Seth, waiting for an answer and smiled at him with a sweet smile.  He said to him, "Yeah, you can."

"Good."  Sam beamed with a smile.

Then Seth asked, "Why this sudden need to call me dad?"

"Cause you are."  Sam answered.  "You love me like one.  And you play with me like a dad does."  Then he became a bit somber.  "I never had one."