Seth's Birthday Pt. 1

The next couple weeks past, and after the security company came over and explained exactly what they would do and where they were placed, she did feel a little better.  Seth also strictly told them that there will be no cell phone or cameras allowed in the party.  He really wanted Ava to be comfortable.  She still had an issue with Sam being there and sleep.  So, he decided the house would be pretty much off limits.  Did make her feel even better about it.  So, she became comfortable with the party which made Seth happy.

Seth's birthday came.  Ava and Sam got up a little early to make Seth a special breakfast.  They got a plate of bacon, eggs, pancakes, and toast.  They put the plate on a tray as well as a cup of coffee.  Same also placed a card he made on it.  Ava picked up the tray and they both walked upstairs.  Sam rushed ahead of his mother and ran into the room.  Ava got in there as Same stood in the room waiting for her.  She then nodded towards Seth, who was still sleeping in the bed, as she said, "Go on.  Wake him up."

Same smiled as he ran over to the bed and climbed in it.  He then began to jump on it as he almost yelled, "Happy Birthday, Seth!"

Seth groaned, "You got to be kidding me."

"Wake up, Seth!"  Sam said, loudly. "It's your birthday!"

Seth turned to Sam who was jumping on the bed.  He smiled, then grabbed Sam and tacked him on the bed as Sam giggled.  Then he began to tickle the boy as he went into a fit of laughter.  Sam yelled out as he laughed, "Stop, Seth."

"Say uncle."  Seth told him.  Ava smiled as she watched the two.

"Uncle!  Uncle!"  Sam laughed.

Seth stopped and Ava walked over.  She placed the tray in front of him.  He looked at it and then at her, a little surprised, "What is this?"

Sam said, happily, "Mommy, made you breakfast.  And I made you this."

He grabbed the handmade card off the tray and handed it to Seth.  Seth looked at it as the front was very colorful decorated, with 'Happy Birthday' written on the front.  Seth opened the card and read it out loud, "Happy Birthday, Seth.  I hope you have a good birthday.  I'm glad mommy and I get to spend it with you.  I love you.  Sam."  He read the last part slow as it was the first time Sam told him in some way he loved him.

Seth was touched by it.    It was something small and homemade, but honestly, the way Seth's life was going before Ava, he never thought he would have a family of his own as the older he got, the harder time he found a woman he connected with.  So, he never thought the day came he would get something like this, something made from a child.  He loved Sam, even if he wasn't his, he loved him just as his own child.  So, for Sam to make that for him, touched him deeply.  Ava watched as she saw Seth look at Sam in awe.  Then watched Seth put his arm around the kid and embraced him.  "Thanks, kid."  Seth said, softly.  Ava eyes teared up she watched Seth kiss Sam on the forehead.  She could see how much Seth loved Sam.  And she knew Sam loved Seth.  She felt her heart sore as she was happy.  Then it hit her, for the first time, she realized she was truly happy.  She never felt this much joy in her life.  She felt so completely and watching Seth and Sam made her realize it.  Seth told Sam, "This means the world to me." 

Sam looked up at him as she was still in his arm and said, "You're welcome, Seth."

Seth looked up at Ava as she stood next to them and noticed the tears in her eyes.  He asked, "Are you okay, baby?"

She nodded as she told him with a smile, "I'm just really happy."

He smiled at her, "Me too."

He took her hand and pulled her to him, "Come here."