Let Go

A few days went by, Seth still didn't returned the Range Rover but Ava was adamant about not driving it.  She didn't want anything to do with it.  She forgave him cause she wanted the fight to be over.  But she still wasn't happy about it and more unhappy that it was still in the garage.  It bugged her how he would just spend money on her and Sam like it wasn't an issue.  May not have been for him but it was for her.  For her, the car was the finally straw.  She needed someone to vent to, she called Mark over.  Giving it was Sunday and most of the time Seth would be off, he went into work as he told her that he had a few things to finish.  So, she called Mark over and told him she needed a friend, so of course, Mark was there.  Around noon, Mark showed up and Ava quickly raced to the door to answer it, as she was excited to see Mark.  She opened it.  "Hey, stranger.  I move to the same city as you and still barely see you."  She said, sarcastically.

He walked in and quickly retorted back, "You have no time for me.  Always working or with your boy toy."

She slightly laughed as she hugged him.  They pulled away and he said, "Speaking of your boy toy, where is he?"

"Work.  He had to go in and do a few things.  So, it is just us."  She told him.

They walked into the house and as they got in the kitchen, Mark saw Sam sitting at the island counter eating his lunch, when he saw Mark.  "Uncle Mark."  He yelled out as he jumped down. 

He ran over to him and hugged him.  Mark asked as he smiled, "How you doing, kid?"

"Good."  Sam simply said as he pulled away from his embrace.

Ava then said, "Uncle Mark and I have to talk about some things.  So, finish you lunch and then go play."

Sam sadly nodded.  "Don't worry, once we get done, I'll hang with you."  Mark reassured him.

Sam smiled and said, happily, "Okay."

He sat back at the counter as Ava and Mark proceeded to the living room.  Once they got in the living room, they sat down on the couch and Mark asked, "So, how you adjusting to LA lifestyle?"

"Still adjusting.  Like it is almost the middle of October and my mind is still bracing itself for the cold, but it steadily stays warm.  And the leaves changing, I miss that.  This place is so different then New York.  I don't know if I can get use to it.  I miss New York, especially this time of year."  She complained.

"Welcome to LA."  Mark smirked.  Then he asked, "How do you like your job at Conan?"

"Oh, I love it there.  Longer hours the when I was with Jimmy, but manageable.  But everyone is so sweet and friendly.  I got quickly into my job there."  She smiled.

"That's good.  And how are things with Seth?"  She just exhaled and looked away as she did not answer.  "Uh, oh, what is going on?"  He asked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seth just got home, ready to see his woman.  But then he noticed Mark's car in his driveway.  Seth thought what could he be doing there but shrugged it off.  He pulled his car in the garage and got out.  He usually would be home since it was a Sunday but he need to take care of some things, so he figured he leave that morning to do so.  He walked to the door to go inside and quickly closed the garage door.  He walked in to find the kitchen empty and started to walk towards the living room.  As he did, he heard Mark say, "And how are things going with Seth?"

He stopped and smiled to himself.  But then he noticed Ava didn't answer but he heard her exhale and then he heard Mark say, "Uh, oh, what is going on?"