Christmas

Christmas Eve was here and Seth talked Ava into having her meet the rest of his family.  Which was his father and wife and Rachael's little family.  They decided to have a Christmas Eve dinner at their home.  As it got closer, Ava got nervous.  The first time meeting Rachael didn't go over so smoothly.  She was hoping it would be different with his father.  She came downstairs with a red dress on.  Sam and Seth were dressed up as well as they waited downstairs.  Ava hated dressing up.  "Is this really necessary?"  She asked Seth.

Seth looked at her and smiled.  "Stop fretting.  You look beautiful."  He walked over to her.  "And you don't need to be nervous."

"Is it obvious?"  She asked.

Seth chuckled as she pulled at the dress and fidgeted.  "Real obvious."

He put his arms around her to make her feel better.  "What if you dad doesn't like me?"  She asked him.

"He will love you.  Don't worry."  He replied trying to put her mind at ease.

She nodded and smiled softly.  "Okay."

"Now, come here, beautiful."  She moved in and he took her lips.

Just then, the doorbell rang.  Sam yelled, "I got it."

Sam ran off and Seth followed.  Sam opened the front door to Seth's dad and his wife standing there.  Ron said with a smile to the young boy, "Well, hello there.  I take it you would be Sam."

Sam smiled and nodded.  Seth walked up behind Sam and said with a smile, "Hey, dad."

Ron walked in with his wife.  "Hey son.  Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas, dad.  I see you met Sam."  Seth chimed.

"Well, not formally."  Then he looked at Sam.  "I'm Seth's dad, Ron."  Ron held out is hand.

Sam looked at Seth, unsure.  "Go on."  Seth told him.

Sam looked back at Ron, taking his hand as he shook it and said, "Nice to meet you."

"You too, Sam."  Ron beamed.

He let go of the young boy's hand as he walked further into the house.  Seth said to Sam, "And this is Xiang."  He pointed at Ron's wife.

She said, sweetly, "Nice to met you, Sam."

"You too."  Sam said to her, a bit shy.

Seth noticed Rachael was walking up with her family.  She asked Seth as they got closer, "When did you put security at your gate?"

"A few months ago."  Seth told her.

"Why?"  She asked.

"Can never be too careful."  Seth said, plainly.

Rachael just gave him a look and he quickly dismissed it.  She and her family walked into the house.  She asked, "Where is Ava?"

"Knowing her, probably trying to help Vikki in the kitchen."  He said with a smile.

Sure enough, they walked into the kitchen and Ava was helping Vikki.  Seth said, "Babe, come met my dad."

She looked at him and smiled.  She was nervous and Seth could see it.  It was why she tried to keep busy.  Helped her nerves.  She walked over to the group and Seth put an arm around her.  He introduced them, "Ava, this is my dad, Ron, his wife, Xiang, Rachael's husband, Spencer, and my nieces, Bell and Perrin.  Everyone, this is Ava."

Ron hugged her, which surprised Ava, and beamed, "I am so glad to finally met you.  Seth has told us so much about you."

"Hope all good things."  She joked as he pulled away.