"THE OAK TREE"

INTRO: Laura and Taylor have been dating for about 4 years. They met on The set of "Orange is the New black". It all started when they would shoot for season one their feelings grew stronger and stronger for each other.

"Taylor's POV"
Every Morning me and Laura would go for an early run. We would run towards a park that had a really big oak tree standing in the middle. That Oak tree was special to me and her because that's where we had our first picnic date. As I run towards it I notice Laura slowing down.

ME: "Cmon you can do it babe just a little more".

LAURA:" yeah just give me a sec" she said smiling.

I reached the tree and I looked back at Laura. I smiled and took her hand, I gazed at how amazing she was. We sat down on the ground next to the tree. It was 9 in the morning. The breeze was cool and the weather was amazing. I looked at Laura and she looked nervous.

ME:"what's wrong" I asked trying to look at her with a serious face.

LAURA: " umm... Nothing really, I'm just admiring how this tree is a big part of my life now especially with you" she said while she gripped her hands on my cheeks slowly moving her thumb.

ME:" I love you" I said as I leaned in to kiss her.

I stood up to get the water bottles that laid on the other side of the tree. As I walk towards the water bottles I noticed Laura just staring at me. Something was different I can tell. I grab the water bottles and handed her one. I didn't question why she was acting like this even if I really wanted too. I sat down next to her it was quiet for a little bit but Laura broke the silence...

LAURA:"Remember the first time we came here for our first date?"

ME:" Of course, how can I ever forget, that was literally the best day of my life"

LAURA:" Well I kinda don't want to make this just our first date area..." She said in her raspy and deep voice

I looked at her very concerned I didn't know what she meant by that. I had some questions running through my mind. And I know she can tell because I just sat there staring at her. Before I can even ask she grabbed my hand while she stood up. I stood up and wiped the dirt off my jogging pants. I didn't know what was happening at that moment.

LAURA: " I know you have a lot of questions but I'll answer them later, Right now I need to ask you something, I've been thinking about it for a while now and me and you have been through a lot and one thing is for sure. I will always love you." She said smiling.

I had mixed emotions about what was happening. But I looked into her beautiful eyes and just smiled. Everything was going in slow motion...everything was just perfect. She then grabbed something from her pocket and bent on one of her knees.I covered my face with my hands and slowly look down at her. Was this really happening I told to myself. She looked at me smiling once she noticed tears running down my face. It really was happening, she opened the little box and inside was a beautiful diamond ring. I was just speechless,she reached for my hand with one arm and slowly asked...

LAURA: "Will you marry me Taylor Jane Schilling?" She looked me in the eye like she did when we first met.

I took my time to admire this perfect moment. The love of my life has just asked me to marry her, she's the only person I will ever love I said to myself.

LAURA:" you don't have to answer right now it's okay I can wait" she says after me not saying anything after a few seconds.

ME: "No..." I said looking at her. I notice her smile faded

LAURA:" wait...no" she says in a serious voice

I smiled because she didn't get what I was trying to say.

ME:"No I can't wait to tell you yes" I said smiling at her.

She got up and with a big smile and hugged me. Before she can even put the ring on my finger the ring fell. I didn't notice at first until I heard her scream.

LAURA:"SHIT" she said as she bent down to look for the ring through the leaves.

I chuckled for a few seconds then I helped her look. I looked around and saw a bright light coming front he ground. It was a reflection of something shiny. I slowly picked it up and just looked at it while Laura was still looking. It was the ring. I stood up and just admired the ring and how beautiful it was. I turned around and faced Laura. She finally looked up and saw me holding the ring. She took my hand and put the ring on my finger.

LAURA:" I love you" she leaned and kissed me then hugged me.

TAYLOR: "I love you too" i whispered in her ear.

We went sat next to the tree after a few minutes just holding each others hands. This tree meant a lot to me. It held the most cherished memories of me and Laura. I rested my head on Laura's shoulder. Everything I loved was here. Nothing can ever replace this feeling... Nothing.
We went to go eat brunch that afternoon and everything just seemed to be perfect. I don't know whether it's the fact that I'm engaged with my amazing girlfriend or is it because of this amazing meal I'm eating but I think it's both. I looked at Laura while ate her food. She was so flawless. She noticed me looking.

LAURA:"Can I help you gorgeous?" She said smirking.

She killed me so much when she does that ugh I love her so much.

ME:" Nothing, it's just I can't believe we're in engaged. This has been a perfect day. I will never regret saying yes"

LAURA: "I'll make sure of it" she said as grabbed my hand.

We finished eating and went straight back to our separate homes. I laid down and looked at the ceiling. I was still in shocked as you can tell. Everything was just going so fast. I rolled over to a pillow and screamed in happiness and in joy I literally jumped up my bed. I noticed my sister walking in asking if I was okay but I ignored it. I put that thought aside and continued screaming like I was in high school being asked on a first date with the most hottest guy at school. This was it...this was gonna be a start of a new life with Laura.