"THE SURPISE VISIT"

~TAYLOR'S POV~
The next day came again, I was at work taking care of a patient.

ME:" just give me a call when you need anything okay".

I walked away and grabbed all my nurse friends to the side. They all noticed that I was absent from work the day Laura proposed to me. I was trying not to scream so I won't disturb the other patients. I thought they would get the hint while I was trying to cover my face with the hand I had the ring on. One of them noticed and started jumping. They all soon started to noticed they were so shocked and happy.

NURSE:"Did she finally propose to you?Is this why you were gone that one day OOHHHH"she said with a low voice.

Before I can even open my mouth I heard the door close. It was Laura.

LAURA:"Yes I did, and she finally said yes and that means no more taking that back okay Taylor" she said as she winked and chuckled at me.

I just stared at her and smiled. I wanted to kiss her so bad but one of the patients called for me. I guess it will have to wait till later.

LAURA:" I'll see you when your done with your shift later tonight. I'll pick you up after okay babe? I love you" she said as she walked out the room.

All the other nurses were surrounding me. And I can tell each and everyone of them were happy for me. They grabbed my hand and just looks at the diamond ring that shined so bright.

~LAURA'S POV~
I went home that afternoon to pick up the things I needed for work. I told one of the house workers to put all my things in the car as I walked down the stairs and straight to the kitchen. As I walked towards the kitchen I saw a guy standing looking away.He had his back facing me but I knew his figure, his hair, and his height. This can't be I told myself while my eyes widened...

ME:"Ben?" The figure turned around and smiled. "Ben" I said with a higher tone. I smiled and walked towards him to give him a hug.

Ben gave me a hug with both his arms just around me.

BEN:" I've missed you" he said as he whispered in my ear.

While Ben was hugging me I heard footsteps coming closer and closer from the side of the kitchen. It was Cassie.

CASSIE:"So I see you both have seen each other already"

I peeked at her and I see her smile

CASSIE:"I'll leave you two alone" she says as she walked away smiling at both of us.

It was weird because Ben still had his arms around me. I stopped the hug by simply pushing his lightly away from me. We just looked at each other eye to eye.

BEN:"I've missed you so much" he said again but this time it was with a stronger voice

I just looked at him and smiled, it was weird at first but besides from him being my first love he was also my best friend since we were kids.
We walked towards the couch of the living room. I tried to start the conversation.

ME:" How are you? How have you been? It's been like 5 years since you left to go to Canada, with your girlfriend...um Brenda right?" I said in a friendly tone.

BEN:"Oh um me and Brenda aren't together anymore" he said slowly smiling

Then he continued

BEN:" actually I came here to see you" he said looking away towards the window.

I stood there in back of him and just figured what he has to say to me and why he was here.

BEN:" I heard you were engaged and getting married very soon."he said still facing the other way.

LAURA:"Yes indeed I met the most perfect girl for me" I said proudly

There was a short silence but he finally turned around to face me. Nothing has changed with his face. He was still the same guy I knew back then.

BEN:"Laura I still love you..." He said while his eyes teared up

I looked at him, the smile I had earlier was now wiped away. I looked into his eyes feeling the pain he left me when he broke up with me.

BEN:" why, do not you love me anymore?" He said sweetly.

ME:"Ben you know I would always love you...But it's different now, I'm inlove with Taylor" I said trying to find the urge to smile.

BEN:"But I'm home now, and nothing has changed..." He said looking down.

ME:"Things happen for a reason, before when you left me I thought my life was over, but then I met Taylor and everything just seemed to make sense" I said trying not to let the tears escape from my eyes.

BEN:"You know, I can see that in your eyes you're really happy, and it makes me feel worst to know that I'm actually happy for you" he said looking straight at me with his watery eyes.

ME:"Thank you...I hope you can come to our wedding then which is in 3 months" I smiled at him while I watch him wipe his tears away.

BEN:"Of course I wouldn't miss the most important day of my best friends life" he said while trying to smile back at me.

I smiled back and gave a little chuckle, He then told me...

BEN:"One last question...if I never left to go to Canada do you think it should have still been us?" He said in a calm voice.

ME:"If you didn't leave?...Yes, yes it would still be us" I said trying to find the right words.

BEN:"That's all I needed to hear" he said as he wiped his tears with his hands.

He was still in fact my best friend and that's all I think of him right now. Hearing the words "I still loved you..." Killed me in the inside. But I didn't let it get to me. I'm engaged it's time to move forward.
I went back to work and the 4 words Ben told me earlier just replayed in my mind the whole time like a broken CD Record...my thoughts cleared up once I thought about Taylor. Just Taylor no one else...