~ Chapter Twelve ~

~ Read End Notes ~

~ Read End Notes ~

Justin zoned out of the conversation that was going on in the lounge room between Hailey and Jordan as he focused on making something to eat for all three of them.

Hailey decided to stay for a few days. She lived quite the bit away from where Justin stayed so whenever she visited she would normally stay a few days. Jordan liked her so he was completely fine with it and it was nice to see some of the stress lifted off his shoulders as he laughed and joked with Justin's best friend. It was good to to feel relaxed.

Justin was making his signature dish. His family's secret recipe of spaghetti was one of Jordan's favourite, as well as Justin's. The sauce was ready and all Justin needed to do was wait for the pasta to finish cooking before he could dish the meal out and enjoy it. He lowered the heat on it slightly before turning and leaving the kitchen so that he could join the conversation going on in the other room.
"And then he turns around completely unaware that the whole school just watched him land it!" Hailey exclaimed as he dashed forward on her knees for emphasis as she told Jordan some story. Justin smiled as Jordan laughed loudly, his eyes catching Justin's eyes he sat down and he then he turned back to Hailey.
"What are you guys talking about?" Justin asked as he licked his lips. His eyes switching between Jordan and Hailey.

Hailey smiled at him as he clasped her hands in front of her. She was sitting quite happy on the floor, an odd choice of seating Justin thought but Hailey wasn't a normal person and that's why he loved her. She giggled and then turned to Jordan before replying.
"I'm just telling your husband to be his bomb you are basketball." She smiled brightly and the perfect smile seemed to infectious as Jordan cracked one too as he looked over at Justin who blushed lightly.
"I'm alright I guess." He mumbled shyly as he leaned back in his seat and Hailey waved him off.
"Alright? Dude you got offered to play with the biggest team in the city. You're amazing." She praised and Justin couldn't help but smile as he thought about his basketball career.

He flew out to LA temporarily to play for one of the city's biggest basketball teams and sure enough he got accepted into the team. When he first flew to LA was how he met Hailey and then eventually Jordan and when him and Jordan began their relationship and things got serious he made the move from Canada a little more permanent. Basketball had been his life back then. He lived and breathed the sport and he was exceptionally good at it. Ever since he first picked up a ball when was four years old people knew he was destined to play and it had been his dream for a long time before he got accepted into LA's team.

But he gave it all up a year after meeting Jordan. At the time it was for the best, they were living together, Jordan's job was taking off and he was bringing in more money than Justin was. So Justin left the team. It was only supposed to be temporary while things calmed down with Jordan's work but things never seemed too and Justin life moved on. It's been two years since he's played basketball professionally and he's not sure he could go back.
"Earth to JB!" Hailey yelled. She had stood up while Justin was trapped inside his own head and she was now bending down in front of Justin and waving her hand in front of his face to snap him from his thoughts.