Chapter 14- Who is Unknown?

“Niall! Please!”  I cried out.  “Don’t leave me, I’m so sorry!”  I ran after him, but he was too far away.  Niall turned around and gave me a disappointing look.  I reached out for him.

“I loved you Clarissa.”  His words came out as a whisper, but those for words shocked me.  He loved me.    past tense.  Loved… Why do I feel like this?  Like a ton of bricks hit me on the face, as if there were a hole in my heart.  Niall turned around and started walking away from me again.

“Niall, don’t leave me plea-!”

“Clarissa, wake up!”  Someone shook me awake, but this voice…..it couldn’t be.   I’m still dreaming,  I have to be dreaming.

“W-why, are you here?”  I opened my eyes and tears came out as Eleanor sat beside me, on the bed.   This had to be a dream.  I haven’t heard of her…since she texted me about the news with Louis.

“Well, you are in my house.  Also, I have been taking care of you for the past two days.”  She chuckled and pulled a strand of hair away from my face.   She was smiling at me,  she had that bright smile that could just make smile.   There was something different about her though.

She knew.

“I’m so sorry.” 

Eleanor looked at me and gave me a sad smile.  “Clarissa no one was supposed to know-“

“He sort of found out!”

“Let me finish.”  She sighed.  “I know that Niall can keep a secret, and I know that you can trust him.  I trust him too, but….by Niall just knowing—Clarissa you put him in danger.”

I paged at her.  “What-how?”   Eleanor gave me a knowing look, but looked uncertain.  It was like she was trying to figure out if I knew he would be in danger or not.  Then it hit me.

 “You’ve been getting messages too?”  Eleanor didn’t say anything, just looked straight into my eyes.   “Oh my gosh, you know who it is!”

“Clarissa, you need to answer this question before I tell you what I know.”

“What is it?”

“How did you get in the hospital, and not to mention, and manage to break both your legs, and your arm.”

“Yeah, I’d like to know too.”  He entered the room and gave me a small yet sad smile, when he looked at me.

“Asshole?” Oops, that just came out.  “Zayn w-what are you doing here?”  I was left completely speechless, from all the people I know.  Zayn was the one that was here.  The guy that hates my guts, and would kill me in his sleep.  The guy I would get into arguments with.  The guy that hated me.  H was here.  Not Niall, Harry, Liam, or Louis.

“Clarissa?”   Zayn took my hand into his.  He looked worried.  “How did you end up like this?  Do you remember what happened, and who did this to you?”

My heart was pounding, this is crazy.  “Zayn, you’re being nice to me.”

Zayn gave me a warm smile. “ I’ll explain later, but I need to know who did this to you.”

“I-I didn’t see how did this to me.  I was with Justin, he found out who I was, I don’t know how!  Then he asked to kiss me and I couldn’t because-“  I froze.  “A-anyways, I just ran out of his car and then when I was crossing the street….I was hit. I never saw the driver or saw the car. Then I got a text from unknown.”

“Fuck!”  Zayn yelled and walked towards the wall.  He looked so mad, I thought he was going to punch the wall.  “We’re stuck in a dead end again, fuck.  If she at least saw the car, and who was driving, we would of gotten unknown!”

I suddenly felt terrible.  “I’m sorry.”

“Hey, it’s okay.”  He lifted my chin up and made me look at him.  “It’s fine, we just need to worry about your safety, we don’t want you getting injured again.”

“What about Niall?”

Zayn’s eyes darkened.  “Your safety is important.”   He carried me over to the other side of the bed, and he lay down with me.  He put his arms under my head. 

“Well, I’ll go get some tea ready”  Eleanor left the room.

There was an awkward silence.  Whenever Zayn and I were alone we would always argue, and annoy the hell out of each other. It’s so weird.  A few days ago he hated guts and now he’s being sincere.

“Why are you being so nice?”

Zayn snorted.  “You know I never actually hated you.  I knew all  along who you were.”  He paused for a moment.  “The reason I was so mean to you is because I  saw how you got along with the rest of the boys, and of course there just had to be one to hate you”  He chuckled, then faced me.  Our lips were only inches apart.

“I’ve actually always fancied you”  He started to lean in, and so was I for a moment.  This wasn’t right.  He was with Perrie and I really like Niall.  

Before his lips would touch mine, I help up my hand to his lips.  “P-please don’t kiss me.”   I felt my cheeks burn up.

I turned my face away from his.  I was expecting him to leave since I kind of just rejected him, but he was filled with more surprises.  He still had one of his arms under my head, and he wrapped his other arm around my waist.

“Okay, I won’t kiss you, unless you tell me too.”  He whispered out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will try to upload the next chapter as soon as I can!!

Anyways some questions for YOU

Who do you think unknown is?

Who do you ship Clarissa with? (;

Did you like the Zarissa Moment??? I DID!  This one was for you Zarissa shippers (;