Viktor Nikiforov {2/2}

Viktor Nikiforov X Blind!Figure Skater!Male!Reader

{I'll Love You...No Matter What}

"Figure Skater Katsuki M/n's condition has been announced and it's been revealed that the young figure skater will have to put away his skates for good. Where his coach Arima Rei had a broken leg and fractured arm, as well as scarring on his arm and part of his face, M/n has fractured his ankle and has gone permanently blind-"

"-those shards of the broken window had cut into Rei's arm and cheek but had embedded themselves in M/n's eyes. The doctors were unable to remove them without deciding to remove his eyesight-"

"On a lighter note, Russian figure skater Viktor Nikiforov is the World Champion figure skater this season. Congratulations Viktor, you've surely made Russia proud! Although, our respects go out to M/n as he recovers in the hospital from his accident a few hours ago-"

"M/n has been released from the hospital and is on his way back home to Japan. We tried to get a quick interview but his coach wouldn't let allow us as they got into a taxi outside the hospital.

"Mr. Arima will M/n retire from skating?"

"Will M/n respond to a few questions?"

"Mr. Katsuki do you have a moment?"

"Please, leave. Katsuki and I need to head back to Japan as soon as we can. No, I will not answer any questions and it should be obvious that M/n will retire, other answers are up to M/n."

"Mr. Katsuki-"

"I would just like to go home and spend some time with my family. They're probably worried so please let us be so we can get there faster."

"And that's all we were able to get from the Japanese men-"

Weird isn't it..? Things could be so great for someone before they're hit with something devastating.. It's funny how the world could be so cruel like that.. Playing with people's emotions and dreams... But at times, that's what we need in life to make us stronger...

H/l H/c hair shifted around with every move the S/c male made as he skated peacefully by himself. A dim light illuminating the figure that skated around the rink as he went with the sound of the music coming out of his headphones. The male's eyes were closed, in fact the male kept his eyes closed the majority of the time as he couldn't see a thing anymore and felt self-conscious when he could feel people stare at his damaged eyes.

Figure skating was bitter-sweet to the curly/wavy/etc. haired male.. The ice was where he had great performances and the time of his life-he loved figure skating more than anything besides his family... The ice was just another reminder of what could've been...what used to be...what should've been... Another painful reminder of what he will never do again...

M/n ceased his skating as the music in his ears ended. He let out a heavy sigh and removed his headphones from his ears. Opening his slightly milky scarred E/c eyes, he skated to the divider of the rink before carefully climbing over it.

"I'm still not comfortable with my skating..." M/n muttered to no one in particular.

"Sure as hell doesn't look like it." A familiar voice grunted.

"Rei?! Wh-what are you doing here?" M/n asked as he tensed with each step closer to him.

"I passed by your house but saw you sneaking off so I followed you." Rei started before chuckling."For someone that can't see you sure as hell know your way around for sneaking out of and sneaking into places."