Chapter 30: Cole's POV

[COLE'S POV]

Faze one of my plan: get her jealous.

Faze one point five:get her wanting me.

To complete faze one, I've been flirting with every available girl in the pack. Going on back to back dates, kissing anyone willing, in front of Charlie. I'm also ignoring her, making her think that all my attention was on the girls. I haven't bedded one yet, I'm not that mad, that can bring serious pain for Charlie.

To complete faze one point five, I've been doing frequent border control and going for runs, anything to get an excuse to walk past her, naked. Or, when there are mated girls present, my boxers.

Now as I flirt with a red head, named Mandy, or Candy or something like that, I wish Charlie would just give up so i can commence faze two.

I can feel her burning gaze on the side of my face. I have to resist the urge to see if shes biting her lip again.

Though i do not turn, i feel a shift in the atmosphere. What used to be cautious, is now dangerous. Like standing on the edge of a cliff, then suddenly slipping downward. Thats how i feel now with Sandy or whatever her name is, like im slipping off a cliff into the canyon of desparation. All i want is for my mate to except me. I bet Mike said something that made her practically reject me.

Mike.

We have been working our asses off trying to find him. It's like he vanished into thin air. No scent, no trail, no evidence. I could swear he's dead except we havent found a body.

Im so busy ignoring Dandy, that i almost dont catch the sudden spark of a conversation behind us. Almost.

I quickly turn to find my mate talking to Sean, the biggest man whore in the pack.

I decide to listen to their conversation.I hear Charlie giggle. Charlie hates giggling.

Then, suddenly Sean's hands are on her waist and she's on his lap.

"That's nice." He replies, even though Charlie never responded.

His head slowly begins to close in. I'm already shaking with anger, but once his lips are on hers, and his hands on her ass, I lose it. I march over to them and yank her into my chest. "MINE!" I roar.

Sean cowers in fear before bolting for the door like the coward he is.

How can she do this? How can she be with another boy right in front of me? Ok so maybe its similar to what I did but hers is worse. I kiss, she's making out. So maybe I did it multiple times and this is her first time, but still.

"Cole? What the hell do you think you're doing? I was starting to enjoy that!" At her words, I feel my animal side take over, and all I see is red.