Chapter 33

[CHARLIE'S POV]

I walk down the steps to find my brother, attacking my mate.

I have to restrain my wolf from attacking my dearest brother. Instead I focus on the fact that Connor doesn't hit unless provoked. That means Cole may have hit. That means he may be hurt.

I quickly run to his side, checking for any injuries. If there's so much as a scratch, Cole's dead.

"Are you ok? Did he hit you? Why would you hit him? You moron! He's an Alpha! He could kick your ass worse than grandma did! Did he provoke you? Do you need a doctor? I'll call the pack doctor." I frantically ramble, before jumping up and retrieving the pack doctor from his office.

He looks at me with wary eyes when I show up at his door, but two words, and he is on his feet. "The Alpha."

"You might want to check him first." Connor points behind him, at Cole, after seeing that the doctor had arrived. I glare at him, upset that he just assumes that he's fine.

I walk up to the moron that I am forced to call my brother, and slap him. But I can't help myself from engulfing him in a bear hug as well. I was seriously worried. He and I had gotten a lot closer since I first arrived here. He says that he wants his mate to be a little more comfortable, before I meet her though, so I haven't yet. Though, from what I hear, she's a lovely girl.

"You moron, if he fought back, you'd be dead, but thank you." I don't know if he heard me, seeing as my voice was muffled by his shirt.

"You're welcome, I think." he replies, chuckling lightly.

"Charlie?" A voice weakly asks, from somewhere behind me. Connor growls possessively, and pulls me to him.

Cole comes into our line of view. Then he speaks in a voice that literally breaks my heart. "Please."

I will my eyes to remain on a wall across the room, afraid that if I look at Cole for even a second, that I'll forgive him.

"That's such a cool wall! I'm going to go say 'hi' to it!" I say, cheerily, before making my way over.

Cole shoots his arm out, grabbing a hold of mine, and successfully stopping me in tracks. I faintly hear a warning growl from Connor, directed at Cole, and he growls back.

I glare down at the arm, hating how it makes me feel so right.

"Cole, don't." I hiss, my teeth clenched, afraid that if I relax, I'll jump into his arms.

I'm suddenly pulled to him and he holds me close, ignoring Connor as he growls again.

"Charlie, I'm so very sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. You just seemed so willing at first. I- please forgive me."

"Just stop." I close my eyes and sigh.

Why does this need to be so stressful?

"Why?" Cole asks, I'm sure he was trying to be strong, but he failed miserably, making it sound more like a whimper.

"Because, if you continue, I'm afraid, I'll forgive you." I let out a defeated breath.

A small smile appears on Cole's face.

"I haven't yet though." I remove myself from his strong hold, placing myself next to my brother. "And probably won't."

The smile disappears, and instead his eyes flash from his usual color, to his wolfs, and back, repeatedly. He must be arguing with his wolf.

He then turns and storms off.

I hear and awkward cough come from behind us, I turn to find a young boy, with shaggy blonde hair, and big brown eyes, standing there looking at me with wide eyes.

"I-it's you. I- He- I never thought I'd actually meet you. Well I suppose I would have. My mate is your cousin and all. And you are Luna, or well I think. I mean, unless Mike-" Connor cuts him off, by growling at him. "Which he won't. I'll help in every aspect that I can, I was just making conversation. Speaking of, am I allowed to see Daniela?" he rambles on, continually.

"Daniela? As in little Daniela? As in dancer Daniela?" I ask, my eyes widening.

This boy, presumably a rogue, is my innocent little cousins mate?

"Of course you can see her." I watch as an excited grin, crosses his face. "That is, after we have a little talk."

His face falls instantly. "A-about w-what?" He stutters nervously.

"You and my baby cousin. Now, she's the more innocent one of her friends, so don't you dare try anything. She's quite sensitive at times, so watch it, she comes crying to me once, and I will have a lot of fun torturing you. And don't even think about insulting her dancing, intelligence, brother or room. Do that, and I won't have to kill you. No sex for another two years, and when it does happen always use protection, no impregnation until you guys are in your mid-twenties. Got it?" His face is burning by the end of my little speech. "Right up those stairs, down the hall to the left, twelfth door on the right. Go get her champ." I ruffle his hair and pat his back.

I watch him scamper up the stairs. "Oh, and one more thing," He looks back at me, seeming terrified, "no kissing until the third date." I smile as his face heats up, even more."