Chapter 42: Connor's POV

[CONNOR'S POV]

Watching Charlie fight was amazing. She was fast and skilled and her reflexes were unmatched.

I was worried that she had bit off more than she could chew when she started fighting Martha, but that pressure point thing was brilliant.

Now, we are doing laps. Cole is running at the back, encouraging the few stragglers, while I'm at the front doing the same.

Charlie has been at my heels the whole time, clearly trying to outdo me.

Every time that she speeds up, I cut in front of her, blocking her path.

Now, she speeds up again, but harder this time. Eventually we are running neck to neck.

Her wolf is a brown color, that shines gold when it catches the light.

Mine was a rich, chocolaty brown color.

In my moment of distraction she speeds up, knowing that we have one laps left.

I growl in frustration, and bark after her, speeding my strides up.

She pushes harder and harder, and I find my breaths getting shallower, as we approach the end of the last lap.

I push as hard as I can, and she beats me by about thirty seconds. I collaps at the finish, as does she.

We are a good three minutes ahead of the others, so we trudge behind trees and change into the clothes we had tied around our legs.

"How did you do that?" I ask her, still winded.

"Change? Oh, well I put one leg through my-" I cut her off.

"No how did you beat me?" I roll my eyes at her silly antics.

"I don't really know, I just let my mind go blank and relaxed. Then I just let my wolf go and pew, you were behind me." She uses large arm motions as she talks, making her look more like she was pretending to be an airplane than telling a story.

The rest of the males reached us then, Cole leading again. Charlie covered her eyes and turned around as they all changed. She was mumbling some strange song that she probably made up.

"You can turn around now." Cole smirkes, even though he was the only one not fully dressed, wearing only boxers.

I hit him, scolding, "That's my baby sister, man."

"Get dressed Cole." Charlie sighs,
clearly annoyed.

Cole put on his shorts and Charlie turned back around.

He smiled at her. "How badly did he beat you?"

"I beat him by like thirty seconds. Why?" She smilesat his disbelieving expression.

"Man?" He asks, while I look away.

"Well if you could beat my beta, then you'll love what I'm about to do." He smiles widely, turning back to the milling crowd of boys. "Now we have to do the obstacale course." Every single one of the boys groans. "But, if one of you races me and wins, you don't have to do as many as the others. Anyone want to try?"

Charlie steps forward as do two boys.

"Alright, we'll all go, and whoever finishes first, after fifteen laps, wins." The other boys sag slightly, but Charlie perks up, clearly having some kind of plan formulating between her ears.

Big Mistakeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें