Chapter 40

Everyone turns to stare at me, though, by now I'm quite used to it.

"Charlie, I don't think this is a good-" I cut Cole off with a deadly glare.

"So you give all the other girls our age in the pack a chance to do this, and yet, I'm excluded?"

"That's not what I meant."

"I'm your mate and this packs Luna and I don't have the same opportunities as the rest of the pack?" I continue to prod him. Using the mate angle as much as I can.

"Fine. But don't come crying to me when you lose." He smirked at my expression, and many of the boys in the crowd, 'Oooh'-ed.

"Trust me babe, I'm not going to be the one crying." I smile sweetly and make my way past him, purposely knocking into his shoulder on my way to a waiting Martha.

We go through the usual protocol, the rules, regulations, stakes and so on. Pretty much, once on wolf shows submission, they lose. We aren't allowed to kill our opponent because this isn't that kind of challenge. And no shifting at all.

"Connor?'' I call suddenly thinking of something.

"Yeah?" He replies warily, clearly scared of what I might ask of him.

"Hold him back." I tilt my head in Cole's direction, and my brothers face lights up in realization.

Connor makes his way over to Cole as they have a silent argument, through mind link.

The referee blows his whistle and my head snaps up as the referee blows his whistle.

The fight has begun.

I wait there, bouncing on the balls of my feet. I was taught to let my opponent attack first so that they are vulnerable.

Finally, she got impatient and lunged, attempting to swipe my feet from under me. I jump and land on her leg before she can do anything.

She jerks her leg and I slip slightly, she goes to lunge for me, but I roll forward slightly so that she goes over me. As she passes by me, I kick my leg out above me, successfully hitting her ribs.

She rolls to the ground and I realize something.

"Stop!" I holler before we can get any deeper in the fight.

"Are you hurt?" Cole questions frantically.

"No but I'm going to hurt you. I want a fair fight! Break your alpha command on her, before I break your neck." I narrow my eyes as he widens his.

"How'd you know?" Cole asks sheepishly.

"The way she fell, the way your not struggling, and the way she is in her head." I sigh and cross my arms. "Now, break the alpha command." As he seems to start to deny, I quickly add, "Or no date."

He looks shell shocked as he finally agrees. "Fine, but you owe me something, but we'll discuss that later."

From the mischievous look in his eyes, I conclude that I should be very frightened of his little 'request.'

"Whatever." I turn my attention back to Martha. "Let's try this again."

She smiles at me gratefully.

We then begin again.

She must pity me or something along those lines, because she makes the first move again.

Instead of going to trip me, she instead goes to push me. I take a hold of her arms and try to pull her forward, she takes advantage of my moment of instability by sweeping my legs out from under me.

To make it even, I wrap my legs around hers, and pull forward, causing her to fall on top of me. I turn quickly, so that she is under me.

She raises her leg and pushes me off her. I quickly bend my arms and bounce back onto my feet.

She swings her arm out, planning to hit my face, but I grab ahold of her wrist and push backward, making her stumble for a fraction of a second. She quickly regains balance and rushes toward me again. I twist my body at the last second, letting her blow past me, kicking my foot out behind me as she passes me.

She falls onto her stomach, but as I charge her, she rolls into my legs, making me fall over her. She pulls my legs, letting my face fall into the mat.

Bright white pain spreads from my nose, and I feel blood slide down my face.

She flips me, and jumps on top of me, pinning my hands over my head, smirking she asks. "Done yet princess?"

"Not even close." I chuckle. I pull my hand down forcefully, making her lose balance.

She lets go of my hands, trying to break her fall with her own. I push on her stomach, forcing her back wards.

She falls back, clearly winded.

I jump onto her stomach, straddling her. I pin her arms above her head, similar to what she had done to me.

"Done yet buttercup?" I smile, repeating her words.

"Nope." She flips us over and goes to hit my face.

I grab ahold of her wrist, before she can hit my face, and push a pressure point. Her face contorts in pain. I hit a second one just above the inside of her elbow, then I hit the final one, by lightly tapping the side of her neck and knocking her out. I do all of this within thirty seconds.

I push her now limp body off of mine carefully.

"She'll wake up in a minute. But she won't remember much." I smile, even though as I do so, the blood gushing from my nose, stains my teeth.

Two younger kids run up to her and carry her away. Most likely to the infirmary.

"Where did you learn to fight like that?" Connor asks dumbfounded.

"Moonshine Private School's 'fighting academy for young scholars'." I giggle. "Tyler's older sister was my instructor."

"She was Elaine's 'most promising student'," he mocks. "though you seem to be loosing your touch." He pretends to scold me.

"Was? Am. And I can kick your butt any time, anywhere."

"Charlie, your nose." Cole's voice is hoarse, and I turn to see that he's still struggling against Connors restraint.

"Oh please, she's had a lot worse than that with all the fights that she's gotten into." Tyler chuckles, and Cole flinches as I stick my tongue out at him. "Please, you know it's true."

I rolls my eyes at him. "So, when are we starting the second fight?" I smile at the perplexed crowd.