Chapter 10 - Phantom Lord Pt.5

"Master! Are you ok!" Shouted Erza with concern and worry in her voice as some Fairy Tail mages went up to see if Makarov is alright.

"Maybe if ya didn't jinx it he would have been ok," thought Ezrik with a sweatdrop. He then turns his gaze up towards the rafters

"Hey Natsu" Ezrik spoke gaining Natsu's attention

"Yeah!?"

"Whoever's did this is still might be up there. Wanna find out with me?" Ezrik asked Natsu.

"Yeah! Let's go and beat this guy up for gramps!" Said Natsu

Unfortunately they didn't get a chance to as the Phantom Mages begin to rally

"Hey, there master's down!" Said one of them

"Yeah! We stand a fighting chance!"

"Let's get them!"

"Fuck!" Ezrik cursed in his mind "I forgot about them! With our master down things are shifting towards their favour now! Fucking Basic 101 war tactics damn you!"

"Not good," Erza thought as she turned towards the Phantom Mages, a tear in her eye.

"Fuckin hell, Generals were always important in a battle. Without one an army under their command would lose hope and morale" Ezrik muttered to himself. Generals were always crucial in an army as they're the ones who gives commands and rally the troops. Without a general, the army would crumble and flee, a fact that he himself had learned during his time on the battlefields of the Dragon Civil war.

With battle cries, the recovered Phantom Mages quickly attacked Fairy Tail. Natsu lit his hands on fire and punched a phantom mage who tried to jump him

"Don't you start getting cocky!" He exclaimed

Ezrik switched his Fire Dragon Slayer mode to Water Dragon Slayer mode.

Water Dragon's Tidal Wave!

Ezrik swiped his hand in front of him as a huge wave of water appeared in front of him. The wall of water came rushing at the rallying Phantom Mages sweeping up any Phantom Mage caught in its current.

All around the Phantom Mages were beginning to take the advantage now. Ezrik despite him holding his own against the enemy knew that they wouldn't last any longer if this keeps up. Erza had similar thoughts as she surveyed the battle

"Everyone!" Commanded Erza "We need to fall back to the guild! Now!" 

Natsu tossed a Phantom wizard as he stared at Erza incredulously. He was not the only one. Gray, Loke and Elfman all looked at her with shocked expressions

"No way!" Gray protested "We can't just give up!" 

"Real men don't Run!" Elfman added

"You guys just don't understand don't you!?" Ezrik shouted smashing two Phantom Mages heads into each other "We have lost the advantage and our master is probably dying at this point! We need to regroup and attend the wounded! Now!" 

Gray and Elfman wanted to say something but reluctantly agreed. Soon the Fairy tail mages began pulling out.

"Natsu!" Shouted Ezrik gaining the pink head's attention "You're with me! We're gonna distract them while everyone else pulls out!" 

Natsu gave Ezrik a feral grin as he went back pummeling the charging Phantom wizards. Ezrik joined Natsu a few seconds later after he had helped some of his guildmates back up to their feet. 

"There they go" spoke Gajeel as he watched the retreating Fairy Tail mages "Wouldn't be long till them gutless cowards would run" 

"They flee with sorrow in their hearts" Spoke a man standing on a rafter above Gajeel