Chapter 11 - Phantom Lord Pt.6

Inside the Fairy Tail Guild, the majority of Fairy Tail was sitting at various benches, nursing their wounds. Morale was low, due to Makarov being deafeated and became very sick and need to be sent to Porlyusica.

Whilst Macao, Wakaba, and a few other mages crowded around a table in hopes of hacking up a plan for a counterattack, Ezrik, Natsu, Gray, Erza Lucy and Elfman were by a wall. The whole group were in deep thought. Once Lucy arrived back at the guild, she told them how she was captured in the first place and why.

It turned out that Lucy belonged to a very rich family; however her father who was her only living parent, cared little for her and she ran away because of it. But now, her dad had apparently hired Phantom Lord to bring her back to him. What Lucy and the others couldn't figure out was why.

Ezrik who was leaning against a wall to the right of Lucy, glanced at her in concern. Ever since they had came back here, she had been blaming herself for the entire thing.

"Don't worry" Ezrik said to Lucy "Well get him back for this". He was referring to Makarov.

That did little to help Lucy as her head sunk lower. "I know." She mumbled. "I'm not worried about that." She paused, appearing to be on the verge of crying again. "It's just...all my fault."

Being targeted by powerful people is just one of the downsides of being rich." Elfman stated. He then smirked proudly. "At least you're protected by a real man like me."

Gray glowered back at him. "Hey! Would you give it a rest already!?"

"I gotta say I was pretty shocked when I heard the news." Happy confessed, standing in front of her. "Why'd you hide the truth from us, Lucy?"

"I wasn't trying to hide anything." She replied. "I mean, there's no way to bring up that I'm a runaway in casual conversation. I've been gone for nearly a year and my father hasn't cared. Now, all of a sudden, he wants to force me to come home? He's done all those horrible things just to bring me back. I hate his guts!"

Ezrik and the others looked at Lucy with a look of sympathy. Ezrik felt bad for the blonde mage. No father should do that to their children. Did all Fairy Tail mages have a hard past before joining the Guild? Though he has only been in the Guild for only a few days he thinks so.

"Still, if I hadn't run away in the first place none of this would have happened" Lucy said Dejectedly.

"Come on, don't be ridiculous." Elfman argued. "Your dad's the one to blame."

"Idiot!" Gray yelled.

"Uh..." the brute stuttered as he quickly corrected himself. "I mean that it's Phantom's fault!"

"No," Lucy said, "I'm the one who brought trouble to the Guild because of my own selfish choices. I'm so very sorry. I'm just gonna go back home and hopefully this will all be over."

"I doubt that myself Lucy" Said Ezrik "From my perspective, phantom the ones to blame, plus a group like them doesn't give up like that"

Ezrik is right, Luce," Natsu added, smiling brightly. "Besides, I can't see yah playing the part of the pretty princess lying around in your mansion."

Lucy stared at the Dragon Slayer, her breath trapped in her throat.

"Laughing with us in this filthy Guild Hall, going on adventures even though you freak out all the time, that's who you really are." Natsu proclaimed.

The Celestial wizard turned away, taking in everything Natsu was saying.

"You said you wanted to stay with us." He continued. "Why would you ever go back to the place you ran away from? C'mon, who are you trying to kid? You're Lucy of Fairy Tail. No more running 'cause you belong here with us."