(4) Hunger

I haven't eaten in two days. Thats normal for me though. I normally don't eat too much because I want the debt behind me as fast as possible. My cam boy job helped me a lot to get lots of money, but I was never able to afford much food. Most of it came from friends. I was more hungry than usual and I knew I would actually need food today, not just drink water to make my hunger go down. I don't know if I could concentrate today in Math... shit. I also had tutoring today too. I had it every day during school weeks except Wednesday because he never gave homework that day.

When I walked into homeroom and saw no one there except me and Mark I thanked the heavens.

"M-Mark. I need a favor." I said walking up to him. He immediately put him paper down and look at me.

"Whats wrong Jack." He said.

"Well I was wondering if-" I said before my stomach growled really loudly and I felt like I was about to throw up from the hunger consuming me slowly. "Jack.. how long is it since you've had a proper meal?" He asked.

I blushed and backed away. "A week..." I whispered. "How did you know?" I asked.

"Jack... let me feed you. Please. And to answer your question, your super thin and you only drink water. I never see you with food, and when people offer you food you look like your in heaven." He said handing me and apple. I looked at him with hopeful eyes, he smiled and nodded. I bit into the apple and eat it quickly. My stomach was happy, I felt better.

"T-Thanks... I already feel better." I said shyly. He patted my back and I almost purred, but didn't. I was close though.

"Why haven't you eaten Jack?" He asked me. May as well be straight forward... somewhat.

"The job I have gives me enough money to pay for rent and to pay off my debt. I have no money left after that." I said looking down at my shoes.

"Jack... if this doesn't sound too weird I would like to give you money for food. If you help clean up the classroom after school and try to do whats best for yourself." He said. I looked at him and hugged him. I was crying from his kind words.

"T-Thank you...Thanks so much Merk!" I said in my thick accent. He wrapped his arms around me and we stayed like that. "Why is no one here today?" I asked him as we pulled away from our hug.

"Today is a student holiday. You came when your supposed to be off." He said laughing a little. I blushed and rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly.

"Oh.." was all I managed to say.

"Want to grab some food?" He asked me. I nodded and grabbed my stuff. Today was going to be fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time Skip for my friend because she is sick ( FemaleMeme) Feel better!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We stopped and ate a Chick-Fil-E (copyright stuff, so gotta change the damn name....) I was so excited. I haven't eaten here in ages.

"I haven't eaten here in so long!" I said happily while we were figuring out what to get.

"Than I'm glad I brought you here. Do you know what you want?" He asked me, I thought for a second before answering.

"The number 5." I said.He looked over the board for number five and when he found it he smiled. He nodded his head.

"Can you go find us a seat? I'll get the order. Also go gets straws and sauce." He said while in deep though. I nodded and went off to get what he asked. I found a seat in the corner of the room and put all the sauce and napkins down.

"Is this a real flower?" I asked no one in particular.

"Yes... yes it is." I jumped and turned around to see Mark with our food. I smiled at him and sat on one side of the booth. If only we were here as a couple.

"Thanks for the food Mark." I said again for like the hundredth time today.

"You just owe me kid. Not money. Just a favor." He said. "And stop thanking me. And enjoy your meal. For me." He said handing me some fries.

And so we ate. We talked about frivolous things. But I got to know him more. Favorite color: Red.  Favorite Activities: reading, helping, running, cooking and gaming. He is only 26 two years older than me. How ironic. He was born in Hawaii. He was part Korean. He was all around amazing. He also learned something about me. My favorite color: green. I like to read, and game, and draw. I was originally from Ireland 🇮🇪. But after my mom died and my dad abandoned me, I came here with my grandparents. I had an okay paying job.. didn't tell him what it was. I also learned that he had hope for me.

He dropped me off at my apartment. And left with a hug.

"Mark!" I said before he left. He stopped and turned around. "I don't have a phone, so contacting each other will be harder." Than I left. I opened my apartment door and closed it behind me. I think I'm in love..