4. Hogsmead

Time seemed to drag, despite it only being 2 weeks until the Christmas party. It seemed like such a long time to live a lie, an act just to please others. When Slytherin and Gryffindor were scheduled for a lesson together, they had to try even harder to deceive their friends.

For Hermione the guilt was crippling, to manipulate the truth for her two faithful best friends. Their final trip to Hogsmeade was today, and as his Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon failed to sign his permission forms Harry couldn’t come, meaning Hermione only had Ron to deal with.

They waved goodbye to Harry as they began to walk to Hogsmead village. “Ya gotta feel sorry for ‘im really ain’t ya?” “Yes, his situation is quite unfortunate” “Quite unfortunate” Ron mimicked her “It’s bloody horrible!” he said defensively, “you should see how they treat him Mione…”, but Hermione was distracted by Draco who walked just a few paces in front of her along with Crabbe, and Goyle.

Ron continued to talk about Harry, which caught the attention of Crabbe who nudged Malfoy urging him to listen in. “Oh yes poor Potter, how unfortunate for him, he has to deal with eternal fame and glory, isn’t it sad Goyle?” Draco said sarcastically.

Goyle stood there and pretended to cry while Crabbe comforted him, laughing. “What do you know Malfoy” Ron said gritting his teeth. Draco glanced at Hermione, she smiled. “Malfoy leave us alone” Hermione said in character. Draco breathed heavily out of his nose smiled and walked away laughing with Crabbe and Goyle.