15. Broom Cupboard

Draco scanned over the stairs where Hermione and Ron sat, holding each other and laughing. The sight of them together sickened him. Rage flowed through his blood-stream. As neither of them as looked up Draco slowly backed his way into the Great Hall once more and pushed his way through crowds of people in search of Pansy.

Hermione let go of Ron, and they both stood up. “Coming back in?” “No, I’m just going to nip to the bathroom” She smiled, “You go on”. Ron walked back into the hall and joined the others while Hermione went to the first floor girl’s bathroom, where she had left her bag.

Pansy was sitting of the lap of his quidditch team mate Vaisey. With her arms round his neck, she appeared to be whispering something in his ear. Draco approached her arrogantly, and grabbed her arm firmly. She flew up of Vaisey’s lap “Ow! Draco that hurt!” Draco smiled the cheeky smile, and said “fancy a trip to the broom cupboard?”

Pansy grinned knowing exactly what he meant, look his hand and skipped out of the Great Hall. Draco began to think to himself. I knew I shouldn’t have trusted that Granger. What was I thinking, reducing myself to her?

Hermione smiled at herself, as she looked in the mirror. She fixed her hair, and refreshed her make-up. I can’t believe I was worried. I should have known that they would be fine with it. Hermione went into the cubicle retrieved her bag, and began to walk to the library smiling to herself.

Pansy pushed Draco intensely against the wall of the broom cupboard, where they were concealed from the rest of the school. Draco pulled her towards him and kissed her lustfully before picking her up. She wrapped her legs around his waist, and Draco carried her over to the shelf, and placed her gently on it, not breaking the kiss.

Pansy began to undo Draco’s shirt, as she had done so many times before, it felt natural to both of them, until Draco opened his eyes. He saw the red lipstick that Pansy wore, it reminded him of Hermione, how stunning she looked in her red dress, the pretty rose in her hair. Draco found himself buttoning his shirt back up, fixing his tie and holding his jacket over his shoulder and walking out of the broom cupboard, without saying so much as a word.

 Pansy shouted after him, but he carried on walking straight, not even turning his head back to look at Pansy. Draco wiped his mouth on the back of his hand, removing the lipstick marks left there by her and marched, emotionless, to the library where he had promised to meet Hermione.