6. The Interruption

The snow made it even more magical for Draco and Hermione. She was sat on a tall tree stump, and he stood over her looking into her eyes and smiling. Their hands were joined, and they both seemed to be as happy as Ron, who stood in Zonko’s joke shop, admiring the nose biting teacups.

As Harry walked through the trees he could see Hermione sitting on the tree stump, he was just about to shout her name when he saw Draco with her and he decided to keep quiet and watch. He thought that Draco was bullying Hermione as usual and was going to step in, until he heard Hermione laugh, and saw Draco smile at her.

Confused, Harry decided to take a closer look and moved towards them secretly. Draco knelt down and kissed Hermione lovingly, and she kissed him back. After witnessing this Harry was shocked and felt betrayed. One of his best friends had just kissed Draco Malfoy, his nemesis.

It took all of Harry’s willpower to not interrupt, but he was so close to them now that he could hear their conversation despite their efforts to talk inaudibly. “Ok” murmured Draco “Lets run through the plan once more. Yes?” “Right” replied Hermione “At 11 O’clock on the night of the Christmas party, I make an escape from the boys, and go to the first floor girls toilets. I get my packed bag which I hide there the day before, and meet you at the library.If anyone asks Professor Flitwick sent me to get some books on charms, as they are too far up for him to reach. We then leave Hogwarts and make our way to Malfoy Manor”. It sounded so well-rehearsed.

“Perfect!” Draco kissed her again. Harry stared at Hermione, mouth wide open with disbelief. Harry walked away and went back to the main village. He searched for Ron, walking in and out of all of the shops. Ron was sitting in the three broomsticks, with Neville, Seamus and Dean enjoying a foaming tankard of butterbeer.

Harry spotted them and walked over to their table and poked Ron firmly in the arm. “oww” Ron said in a high pitched voice. Seamus and Dean laughed, but Neville looked concerned and asked what was wrong. Harry rolled his eyes, knelt down and whispered in Ron’s ear ‘So much for meeting me in the forest”.

Ron’s face went serious, as he took a very loud gulp. The other boys thought he was acting rather strange, as they didn’t know that Harry was there. Ron stood up and walked out of the three broomsticks and into Zonko’s where it was less quiet and no-one was paying attention.

Harry followed him. “I’m sorry Harry” Ron said quietly whilst making it look like he was interested in a dungbomb, to blend in “I completely forgot, I….” “Never mind that! Malfoy and Hermione are together!” “Yeah so?” Ron replied “She can handle him” “NO! Ron together, together! Like boyfriend and girlfriend!” Ron’s jaw dropped “WHAT!?”