29. Vulnera Sanetur

Draco stumbled in through the door. Cuts and bruises all over his face and arms, and tears streaming down his beaten face. Hermione ran over to him and he threw himself on to her in attempt to relieve some of the pain, she held him in her arms and he broke down into cries of pain. Hermione, lowered him to the floor, before holding his face still to examine the cuts on his face.

She ran upstairs and looked around her back for her wand, before running back down the stairs and tending to his wounds “Tergeo” she chanted and the dripping blood disappeared from his face. She examined them closely before using the “Vulnera Sanentur” to help the healing process. The look of pain eased up from Draco’s face, but he was breathing heavily with fear, and he still clutched tightly to Hermione’s hand.

She stroked his face and brushed his hair from his eyes, which calmed him down slightly. “What have you done Draco?” She asked calmly. “Mione, I tried to- I went to them and I said that I want no part in it anymore – but they wouldn’t – I couldn’t get away – It was my mother who stopped it.” “What?” “I wanted to get away from the death eaters, so they attacked me, and my mother stopped the attack, so that I could get away. She said she would sort it.”

Hermione pulled Draco up gently, showing awareness of the pain he was in, and led him slowly up to the bedroom. She ensured that he got into bed and perched on the edge herself. He looked up and noticed that she was wearing the necklace, which was tucked into his shirt. He smiled “Do you like it?” pointing at the chain. “It’s lovely” She picked a small box out of her back and placed it in Draco’s hand before kissing him on the head, saying “Merry Christmas Draco” and leaving the room.