10. Preparation

It was the night before the Christmas party and Hermione was packing her bag in preparation for her big escape with Draco. The sense of thrill was flowing through her, until she thought of Harry and Ron. She sat down hunched over on her bed thinking.

She was lying to her best friends, and breaking the loyalty which lay with Gryffindor house. She questioned her choice for a second, should she remain devoted to Draco or her peers in Gryffindor house.

Hermione finally came to the conclusion that she must go with her heart and stand by Draco. She finished packing her bag and hid it as instructed in the first floor girls toilets, in the end cubicle, ready for collection tomorrow night.

On her way back from hiding her bag, say saw Draco, leaning against the wall by the dungeons; he stood there in deep conversation with Crabbe and Goyle, so deep that he didn’t even see her walk past.

Hermione lay there in bed in deep thought. Tomorrow night was the time that they were going through with it. All of this was new feeling to Hermione, as she never broke the rules, or manipulated the truth.

It played on her mind all night, she hardly go any sleep, but when she did finally drift off she had a dream. “I CANT BELIEVE YOU LIED TO US HERMIONE” shouted Harry right in her face. She began to cry “I – I didn’t…” “NO! No excuses” The whole of Gryffindor house suddenly appeared and started to shout at her but their voices were not distinct, it was just noise. All of the faces of the Gryffindor team looked so angry.

She woke up startled and began to cry in real life; however the dream made her all the more determined to escape with Draco.