28. Merry Christmas

The light of day woke Hermione, as it crept across her face. Hermione rolled over and was shocked to find an empty bed. She got up apprehensively, and walked around the foot of the bed to find his clothes from yesterday sprawled across the floor. ‘At least I know he came to bed’ she thought to herself as she put on his white shirt and did up a few buttons, so that it hung off of her shoulder, and tied her hair up into a messy ponytail.

“Draco?” She shouted down the stairs, before sinking down the stairs in a tired manor. It took her a while to notice that the meeting room has transformed overnight. Hermione took a sharp breath in with shock. There was a huge Christmas tree in the corner, cramp packed with lights, tinsel, bauble baubles and ornaments.

Underneath the beautiful tree lay several presents, all wrapped in matching candy cane patterned paper. The ceiling was bewitched so that a light snow was falling. There were pretty lights drooped all around the room and candles floating. It was beautiful. “Draco, where are-?” She looked down at the table and found a note.

‘Merry Christmas Mione. I am sorry for leaving, I just had to do something- Will explain when I’m back. Open your presents under the tree and I will be back soon, I promise. I love you – DRACO’

Hermione put the note back down on the table and sat at the table. ‘I just had to do something’ what does that mean. Hermione sat and thought to herself for a while before temptation became too much for her, she stood up and walked over to the pile of presents, and opened them one by one.

There were several books, a box of perfume which smelt like a sweeter version of Draco, a new back dress in the same style of the one she wore to the Christmas party. There was one little package left, and this looked to be wrapped with care. She undid the pretty striped bow, and tore off the paper to reveal a small box, she took off the lid and found a thin silver chain.

She picked up the chain, and held it out in front of her. Hanging on the chain was a silver ring, in the shape of a snake. It was Draco’s. Hermione’s eyes filled with tears, as she put it around her bare neck. Just as she fastened the latch of the necklace she heard the front door open. She stood up and ran to the door only to behold the sight of a dishevelled and injured Draco.