Chapter 1: Meeting

The cool early morning breeze blowed through a humble village, buzzing with the early morning activities. A girl's red hood flew back as she ran opposing the wind.

Her blond hair swept across her shoulders. A lovely smile spread on her face, she greeted the elderly and all the other village as she rushed past. Everyone would reply back with a smile, "Good morning to you as well, Little Red Riding Hood!"

The fifteen year old girl, was known as "Little Red Riding Hood" throughout her hometown, for she always wore a red coloured hood every time.

The girl, approached her house, sitting comfortably on a lawn of green grass. She burst inside greeted by a warm aroma of freshly baked cookies and pie.

Her mother's pleasant face poked into the hallway and she smiled widely upon seeing the panting young girl. Well, she had sent her to run an errand for her. And yet again, she was going to send her to visit her sick grandmother.

"I'm sorry to bother you so early in the morning, dear, but can you bring these to your granny?" She asked, handing her a basket full of goods such as a pie, cookies, some fruits, a jar of jam, bread and lastly a bottle of juice.

The girl wiped sweat off her forehead and gave her a reassuring smile, "No problem, mother!". "Well then, be careful! And don't wander into the woods. Remember that you'll have to go around and not through", her mother said, a bit of anxiety present in her tone, "There might be wolves.."

Little Red Riding Hood, waved her hands as she grinned, "Don't worry about me! I'll be fine!". Little did she know that the decision she was going to make was to impact her life a lot.

---

The girl- ([A/n]: I can't keep referring to her as Little Red Riding Hood or 'the girl' so, I'm gonna use "Red" as her name.. No hard feelings please.. >.<)

Red walked and walked along the winding path which lead around the forest.

'It'll take forever to reach granny's..'

She glanced at the large woods. Though her mother warned her not to go through, she knew a shortcut.

'Oh well! It won't kill me after all!'

The birds chirped merrily and squirells scurried past. A rabbit hopped away when she tried approaching it. The slight sounds of bugs and other animals were heard. The trees grew tall, strong and green. There were wildflowers and shrubbery.

It was indeed a wonderful sight. Such a fine wood, brimming with the wildlife. Red took a huge breath in and excitedly walked down the narrow dirt path.

Red skipped along saying hi to any animal she met and nearly tripped over some tree roots some few times.

It was a time when she actually tripped and fell down. She was glad that she managed to at least save the contents of the basket from scattering. That was when Red's ears caught the rustling of a bush nearby.

Cautiously, she looked up and was surprised to find a pair of hairy, brown ears on a tuft of brown hair poking from the bush. It was a peculiar sight for her.

Then to her surprise, emerged the head that the ears belonged to. It was a boy, a teenager just like her, but some years older.

"Aah, man...", He murmured annoyed. Red stared at his really... Unusual figure with wonder.

With an annoyed but blank face, the guy slowly turned around to see that a little girl was standing there. His purple eyes widened seeing her petite form on the ground in surprise he exclaimed, "A girl..!?"

Red stared back at him as he continued to stare at her.

'Wh- wh- what..!? A.. W- werewolf..? Or a human..?'

As the guy supposedly examined her, Red's eyes trailed to the furry object calmly hanging behind him. The ears itself were rather tempting too..

"So.. What's a little girl like you doing here? That too, alone?", He asked.

Well, Red didn't mind the question at all as she was too.. Focused on the tail behind him. Not to mention the ears as well.

Scrouching to her height, the werewolf person flicked his finger on her forehead, snapping Red back to reality.

"Ow! Oh... Um, sorry.. Wh- what did you ask again..?", She stuttered, rubbing her forehead.

"What are you doing here? It's dangerous wandering around alone. There might be wolves", He asked again, his serious looking face, unfazed..

'E- eh!? But you're one yourself, aren't you?!'

Hurrying up to her feet, Red panicked a little as her purpose struck her, "Ah! I- I was on my way to granny's!"

As she tried brushing past him, she felt his warm hand on her shoulder.

"Wait."

Before Red could reply, she found herself getting lifted up, bridal style by him.

"Wh- wh- what are you doing..!?" Red exclaimed, her fair cheeks deepening in red; almost as red as her hood.

"I can't bear to see a girl walk alone in a dangerous wood where wolves and bears might be lurking around. Who knows when a suspicious person would jump on you!" He murmured, the seriousness in his face, not changing a bit.

'Like I said... Aren't you a werewolf.. And aren't you suspicious enough yourself!?'

He gave a glance at the blushing girl in his arms. A slight blush crept onto his cheeks as he got a better look at her.

Brushing away thoughts, he gave a brief introduction before walking off, "I'm Were. A werewolf.. Half, that is." ([A/N]: Me again.. So.. I'm giving the werewolf the name Were as in werewolf. So, no harder feeling here either! I mean, I need a name to refer to them both right..?)

"Ah..! I.. I'm Red." She muttered, trying to calm her racing heart. She grew redder, seeing his face up closer, stifling a giggle.

"Your granny's house is the cottage up on the hill at the end of the woods, right?"

"Yes."

After that, no words were exchanged, and Red grew more relaxed.

She smiled up at Were's face, unnoticed.

'Seems as if I got a new friend! Weird though..', Red thought, her smile widening.

______________________________________________________________________

Whoo! My first story on Wattpad and the first chapter - DONE! Now, all I want is a certain number of readers for this chap.. *looks around*

I hope that anyone who read this enjoyed it!(≧∇≦)/ Btw, don't forget to leave a comment.. (Please~ *huge puppy dog eyes*)

~ Miu_Chama