Chapter 14: Mutual Feelings

Smack!

Blood trickled down the corner of Were's mouth on the impact. His wrists hurt from struggling to get his hands loose from the chains he was bound to. Harry simply smirked at him.

"I love that look on your face," he sneered, hitting Were with his whip continuously.

Were was already weak and the bruises and cuts formed here and there wasn't helping at all. All he could do was glare back at that hateful being called Harry.

"Hahaha, torturing to death is simply a wonderful way for shits like you to die!"

"F-fuc–" Were was cut off by another smack.

"Don't you dare talk back, filthy animal... I have all the right... You animals are to be tortured! Killed! You have no purpose in life... What I'm doing is right! I am setting them free of any misery of just being alive!" Harry shouted, a glint of madness in his eye.

"Y-you're.... Insane... Of course.... None of that....is r-right! Do you, do you think, th-that... Red likes all that...!?"

"Shut up! Shut up!! Shut up!!! Red walked away from me because of you!" Smack! "You stole her from me!" Smack! "She didn't see me anymore!" Smack! "I made her forget all about you!" Smack! "Yet you came back!" Smack! "You... You...!" Smack!

Harry breathed heavily and stared coldly at the panting Were who spit out blood.

"

—–—

Red tried to pry open the window with her fingers. They were stuck from outside.

I'm not giving up...!

She dug her fingernails and gave it all her might. Her fingers bled, but all she could think of was Were and only him. Nothing else crossed her mind except getting an escape.

—–—

No sound was heard except pantings and merciless beatings. After what seemed like forever of neither of them uttering a single word, Harry spoke up.

"...Why do you like her so much? Why are you struggling for her so much? I don't understand... Why? Just...drop dead already!"

The corners of Were's mouth lifted, "She...she gave me a reason...to live... Sh-she was my hope... What you plan...on doing to her... Manipulating her... All that- all that is wrong..!"

"Reason to live? Hope?" Harry gritted his teeth in a rage, "All that is unwanted! You're just animals, you don't need such things!"

"Unfortunately for...you, I have them..."

"Y-you...! I fucking hate you!" Harry's face was reddened with rage as he brought his hand down along with the whip.

Were clicked his tongue, spitting out blood, "Me too... And guess what? I..."

———

Red's bare feet thudded on the hard ground, skinned and bled. The villagers stared at her tear streaked face in utmost astonishment. The usual bright and cheery girl, showered with love and attention from all the villagers, why could she be in such a state?

Ignoring the stares from them, Red ran on. She had an idea on where Harry would keep Were. She had a feeling that he wouldn't kill him straight away, so she ran.

Soon enough, Red reached the outskirts of the village. Her feet hurt from all the running and her legs felt weak. Poking from between some bushery and trees, Red noticed the little cottage in which she knew that Harry lived.

I... I'm almost...there!

Taking a deep breath in, Red mustered up every single ounce of her energy and dashed towards the entrance.

The door opened with a creak quietly, enabling Red to catch what Were told Harry.

"...I love her a lot more than...you can imagine..."

Red felt a tug at her heart, tears pricked her eyes once again. Both from what he said, and from the condition he was in.

"What are... You rotten monster..." Harry said, "Heh, no way Red will respond to your feeli–"

"I... I love you too, Were!" Red cut off Harry, her voice cracked and slightly high-pitched.

Harry widened his eyes, whipping his head to see Red standing there, tears in her eyes and out of breath.

Were too, was surprised to see her there, "Red! Wh-what are you doing..here!?"

"How can I sit around when I know you're suffering because of me?" Red then looked back at the horrified Harry, "Hunter, I forgave what you did, what you do... But this, unacceptable..."

Harry thought his heart might stop from the hard look Red gave. She was brimming with anger, for the first time since he had ever known her.

"You're the worst," Red mumbled, staggering past the frozen Harry towards Were. Dozens of daggers stabbed through his heart.

"R-Red...?"

She ignored his helpless call and faced her back at him. This was what he feared. This wasn't what he desired. It was all his fault, Were's fault. If only he had erased him before...!

Harry's dead eyes scanned over the room and landed on an axe, rested near his feet. Slowly and quietly, he picked it up. A crazed and hopeless smile on his face as he lunged at Were, taking both him and Red by surprise.

Fortunately, Red had successfully managed to unchain Were, that he was able to dodge, the sharp edge cutting only a part of his cheek.

"Red... You've been a very bad girl... And it is natural that bad children get punished...right?"

Red's eye widened as the axe came flying down towards her. Her brain stopped thinking and her body wouldn't budge. She was paralysed with fear. All she could do was shut her eyes tightly and wait for the impact.

An impact which never came.

Slowly but surely, Red opened her eyes, something wet spilling on her cheek. A figure loomed in front of her, making her heart skip a beat. Blood pooled down from a large gash on his chest.

Harry stumbled back, laughing maniacally. "Ahahahaha, you deserved that, you definitely deserved that! Hahahahaha!"

His gaze soon was directed towards Red, "Red... If you can't be mine, then... I have no choice but to do this... In other words..."

"You're next."

Instinctively, Red snatched a pocket knife from the small table which held the weapons and stabbed Harry's arm. Her chest heaved up and down from the blood that came out and her hands trembled from what she did.

Pulling the knife out from the wound which left Harry screaming while clutching his hand, Red scurried to Were's side. Without a second thought, she lifted him up onto her shoulder and quickened to get away fast.

—————–——————————————————————————

Hey~! Sorry for the late update. Mom banned me from any WiFi... (T▽T)

With that, I hope anyone who read this chapter enjoyed it. I know, quite unexpected huh. For me too. Well, the next chapter is going to be the last one!

AND OHMIGOSH!? 500 VIEWS!? THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!

Stay tuned! Vote and comment if you please. Thanks!