Chapter 6: Harry Hunter

Okay so this chap will go based on Hunter's thoughts at some point. Enjoy! (Oh and, I edited the previous chap a bit)
—————–——————————————————————————

Red tried to assess the situation she was in. Here was Hunter, in flesh, in front of her, sitting at her kitchen table, under the same roof. This was a bit too much.

Why would he come now? Of all times, now? It's been almost a year and a half since he the village. He never tried to contact Mother or anyone else. Just went off to do whatever he wanted to, without anyone's knowledge.

This was just too sudden. As she stood there shocked at his arrival, Hunter stood up and snapped his fingers in front of her face. This brought her to reality.

"Hey, hey Red. Nice to see you again", he beamed. Shocked as she was, she couldn't help feel happy though.

Red flung her arms around the older boy's neck a squeal escaping her lips, "Hunter! Where have you been?"

Hunter chuckled, patting the excited girl's back. Mother gave a small smile as she went off to get tea for them.

"You've grown since the last time I saw you", Hunter mused. Both of them were sitting at the oak chairs surrounding the round table. Steaming cups of tea in front of them. Red grinned, puffing up her chest, "Oh yeah~?"

Hunter laughed at her actions before moving on to another question, "Red, you're still calling me Hunter?"

Red's smile was replaced with a slight frown. After a short pause, she replied, "It's more like a habit now..." Her reply came out as a hushed whisper, as she stared at the oak wood of the table, not meeting the boy's eyes. It was always like that when she lied.

Hunter sighed. "Look. I know I did something that upset you, but that was all in the past. I asked for your forgiveness, didn't I?" His voice sounded desperate.

Red had always been fond of all animals. Any living creature with life. She loved them all, equally. Let it be poisonous. Let it be wild. Or dangerous, or violent.

Unapproachable? Such a word doesn't exist in her vocabulary, let alone, does that word even exist? For her, no.

She doesn't mind. Bring her an animal, and she'd treat it with love and care.

That was Red. Kind, loving and caring. For all beings with life. Never having felt hatred towards anyone or anything, Red was truly a pure soul.

Hunter. Harry Hunter, as his last name clearly says, is a hunter. It says his occupation. If Red loved animals, he was same. But their love for them, was different.

While Red wished for them to live and their wellbeing, all Harry could think was hunting them down. "Out of love", that's what he says. That way, the poor creatures were "serving their purposes in life".

Red would've understood if only he didn't hunt them down for fun. Yes, he hunted down animals for fun as well. Not for food. Not for any benefit. Just honing his skills in hunting.

Now, as the village was fairly small, there weren't much kids around Red's age, except for Harry who was seven years older than her. Red was just an innocent animal loving seven-year-old. During their usual play sessions, Harry suggested they do something more fun besides the usual games.

Harry gave her a toothy grin before leading her to the woods carrying along with him his bow and arrows.

"Brother Harry? What are we going to play?" She asked, her big blue eyes looking for an answer from the back of his head. Harry simply replied with a grin and a twinkle in his eye.

He was planning on doing something stunning to impress his little sister figure. He was planning on showing off his amazing hunting skills to Red, only to find out that her attitude towards him would had changed.

——

As the deer Harry shot fell limpless to the he turned around to meet Red, his eyes filled with shimmering pride and hope. He was completely devastated as she showed no sign to acknowledge him in anyway or bombard him with compliments and respect.

There was none. But complete silence except for the sounds of wildlife surrounding them. Harry was horrified to see the shimmer of light, reflected on a tear in her eyes. Paying no notice to him at all, Red trudged towards the corpse of the deer, nearly tripping with each hiccup which escaped her lips.

Harry could do nothing but stare dumbfounded at Red weeping for the lost life. It was just a small life of something inconvenient. It was just an animal. What's the need to cry over something like that?

He felt irritated since then. He tried to talk Red into believing that animals were merely lives that were for them to take. Simply livestock. That each and every single of that life didn't matter or were inconvenient. It was theirs to do whatever they want to them. They had all the right to.

The boy could still remember the face she had when he tried to convince her that. Eyes filled with no emotion. Face which looked dead. There were no approval or disapproval. Hatred or love. Happiness or sadness. Anger or resentment. Just a plain, blank face which left Harry crushed.

Knowing Red, hating or getting mad at something was quite impossible, so she just continued on with the usual ways.

However, ever since, Red stopped calling him "Brother Harry'' and addressed to him as Hunter.

"It suits you better than Harry", that's what she said.

It hurt to know that the little girl whom he saw as his own sister resorted to unfamiliarity. He asked and pleaded her countless times to call him brother like she used to, but she just turned her head away with sheer disappointment. Harry had already recieved forgiveness but that didn't feel like Red had forgotten all about it.

Harry sighed at the memory. Red had taken the empty cups to wash, saying that she'll be back in a moment.

After all that which happened between me and Red...! He had to barge in! Harry furiously thought. Even the small memory of that wretched being made his blood boil. He stole her from him. He  was the reason Red's feelings for the need of cherishing all life became stronger. If only he didn't exist...!

Harry took a deep breath in attempt to calm himself down. He was gone now... Never to come back. Harry himself had a chance to try and change Red's mind once more. He can no longer interfere.

He found hope once more. The thought of anything going wrong never crossed his mind. He should've realised that nothing goes according to the plan.

——————————–—————————————————————

*SQUEEEEEEL* OHMIGOSH!!! This turned out longer than the other chapters! Not too short. Not too long. Not neutral either! (Whatever that means)

And so we know who the Hunter is! Not anyone who has romantic feelings for Red or anything, cuz; bruh, that's cliché (for me, anyway... Wait... Sounds pedo enough~? Wink wink. Nudge nudge). He has a sense of brotherly protection over Red (or some shit, cuz I have no single idea how to describe that!)

This might be a bit late (or soon idk) but thank you all for 100+ views~! (QωQ) And the votes...! And the comments too!

I'd totally appreciate any form of comments..! (I'm hungry for them...) Sarcasm, criticism.. I don't mind!

Welp... This is one long Author's Note! Bye guys~! Thanks again!