Chapter 8: Growing Feelings

Were's POV

I felt weak and what felt like daggers clawed against my stomach. It felt as if the flesh itself would be teared to pieces. Sweat beads formed on my forehead.

I felt hungry...

The anxiety I felt made it no better. I thrashed around on the mattress clutching my stomach. Breathing became a heavy burden as I gasped for air.

"I'll definitely come... You bet I will."

I tried to calm myself from Red's words yesterday. She'll come and then, I'd feel better, more or less. Her presence is always calming. I'll have to get a grip on myself and hold on for a while longer...

Why was I suffering so much just from feeling hungry?

Us werewolves are supposed to eat meat every single day to survive. Going without eating for more than a week will prove to be fatal.

So, why haven't I eaten for almost a week?

I couldn't stand the pain which was spreading inside me. All thinking was soon disrupted and I couldn't think clearly anymore.

Groggily, I stood up, still clutching my stomach. My vision appeared to be blurred however, my wolf instincts kicked up. I followed the smell. The smell of blood...

After a few minutes of walking, or most precisely, dragging my body, I soon came across a wounded rabbit... So much as my mind screamed to stop, my hands grabbed for it without a single hesitation.

Greedily, I bit off the flesh of the struggling animal. The blood spattered messily on and around me.

No... No... No...

I felt disgusted with myself. I swore not to do this anymore. So why? I thought bitterly.

As if to add to that feeling of bitterness... I saw her standing in front of me with a look of disbelief. I felt my heart drop as the bloody animal slipped from my hand and thumped to the ground with a splat!

"R- R... Ed..." I managed to croak out. By then, I felt something sting my eyes. Tears?

Yes, she was why I tried to stop eating the animals in our ([A/N]: referring to werewolves) grotesque manner. She was why...

I lowered my head, not meeting her gaze. I looked away. She shouldn't have been friends with me. Of all people me. Red certainly deserves better... I'll just cause problems to her in the future anyway... How pathetic of me.

Silently, I looked at my blood covered hands. My hands had been elongated into claws. No wonder how much the rabbit tried to struggle.

I heard her take a step forward.

I shut my eyes tightly letting a tear roll down. What a loser... My hands clenched, my heart pounding loudly, I waited for her to scream at me, shout at me and finally run away. I was fine with it. I deserved it anyway.

That's why, I was surprised to feel arms wrap around my neck, pulling me closer to them. My eyes fluttered open with the sudden contact, revealing a red coloured clothing settle down behind the blonde haired girl.

"Is this why you were behaving slightly odd yesterday?" Red asked, stroking my hair.

"Wh- why?"

"First of all, calm down for now."

Her gentle touch alone was enough to calm me down. I rested my head into her chest, wetting it a bit as I sobbed quietly all the while Red patting my head soothingly.

——–

Normal POV

The bushes rustled but it caught neither Were's nor Red's attention. If only Red noticed the figure which moved away from that spot, she wouldn't have had to endure whatever was in store for her.

———–————————————————————————————

Just so y'all know, I edited some of the year/age nonsense and all, so be sure to check 'em out (it doesn't matter if you don't. Really.).

Thank you for the reads, votes and comments (though there ain't much of the last two)! I hope you enjoyed this chapter (seemingly making Were a bit more... OOC...?)

See you in the next chapter or somewhere else!