Chapter 11: Unfolded Past - 1

Were's POV

He stood before me. His hateful figure burned my eyes. That smirk definitely meant he was up to no good. And that scared me.

"H-Harry..." I muttered out his filthy name, disgust seething from my voice.

He chuckled darkly, "Look at you now, Were." He said my name with hatred. The only thing common with us is the hate for each other.

And the want for Red.

"Heh... You're not going to be able to take her away from me this time."

"What? In that condition of yours?" Harry broke out into mocking laughter. Each and every single fibre of my being wanted to bite his head off. He knew much more than he should.

Most regrettably, he was true. I was in no condition to do anything to him. My breathing was ragged and I was sweating tremendously. Fear and paranoia from the past few days clawed me from inside.

Before I could reply, I felt a sharp pain on my right cheek as I was thrown to my side. I clicked my tongue and spat out blood, glaring at the smirking Harry.

This was bad. I tried pondering on how to get away from this situation as a shower of blows were landed on me.

"I... This time, I won't let her... Go," I breathed.

"Try it! She'll be mine! She is mine. She was and she will be!"

Tch, him and his delusions.

"Like she's a puppet for you to control!" I weakly mustered enough strength to be able to land a punch on him.

"You call that a punch?" Harry mocked and his next punch knocked me out.

As darkness consumed me, flashbacks of years ago came rushing to my mind...

I stared in horror at the sight before me. Members of my pack fell one by one, limpless. The hunters began hooting in delight, collecting my brethren. We were the last pack...and now, we were no more.

I choked back tears as my mother who lay near me softly whispered into my ear, "Go... Run away, dear. You...must survive no matter what..." She coughed up blood before completely going lifeless.

My vision blurred as the tears which threatened to fall, started streaming down my dirt covered face. Pure rage erupted within me as a surge of adreline spread through my body. I jumped towards the unknowing hunters, howling at the top of my lungs. I scratched at them, clawed at them and bit them like anything.

All I saw was red. The hunters screamed, clutching at their wounds and cursing out loud. I sought that as a chance to escape. From the corner of my eye, I locked my eyes with a young hunter I had missed. He looked at me with hatred. But what I noticed the most was the glint in his eye. A hunger to kill me.

I bared my fangs at him as I sped away.

Days passed since then. It turned to weeks and then months. That was when I met her.

—–——————————————————————————————

YO GUYS! First of all, I apologise for not updating for so long! >.<
I was kinda working on my other book, Mad. I hope you guys check it out~! It'll mean so much to me, thanks!

Secondly, I apologise for the short chapter. The next one will be longer than this one, honest.

Welpss, thanks for reading. Leave a vote or a comment (or both)!