Chapter 2: Odd Friendship

The risen sun gave a lazy feeling to Red. Her eyes grew heavier and heavier by the second. The chirping of birds and all the other sounds within the woods sounded like a lullaby.

Soon enough, she dozed off.

The brunette noticed the peaceful look on the asleep girl in his arms. Heat rose to his cheeks (wow... This guy can't control himself lol) as he quickly looked away.

Nevertheless, he couldn't restrain himself from brushing a lock of hair which had fallen on her face.

--

Red's eyes fluttered open as the sweet scent of wild flowers reached her nose. She saw that her basket had now carried a bouquet of light coloured flowers.

Looking around at her surroundings more carefully, she found the werewolf plucking a white coloured flower from a bush. Assuming that the flowers were picked by him, Red rose to her feet from her resting place beneath a tree.

"Hey!" Red said, skipping over to his side.

"Oh, you're awake now. That's good", he replied, not bothering to look at her.

"Hmm.. What are you doing anyway?"

"Flowers help to cheer you up. So if you're visiting the sick, I think it's nice to take some."

Red looked awed at this thought.

Seems as if he's better than I think!

--

The walk seemed endless but they eventually arrived at the top of the hill where the cozy looking cottage stood. Red felt relieved in finally being able to reach her destination. Um.. Their destination.

Red giggled, "Thank you for walking me!"

"Yeah..." Were replied scratching the nape of his neck, "I sure am glad no suspicious person or wild animal pounced on you.."

He said the last sentence in a low voice but Red managed to catch all word of it.

Red giggled. It was like this almsot all the way up to the cottage. Red was sure that Were didn't allow her to feel all alone and uncomfortable with him at all.

She felt warm.

As she opened her mouth to say something, a gust of wind blew, and her hood was swept along with it.

"Ah..! My hood!" She squealed.

Without a second thought, Were rushed at the now flying red clothing and with a swift movement he held the hood within his hands.

Skipping up to him, Red gushed, "Thank you! Heheh~ Now that was two times~"

"Be a bit more careful", Were replied, handing her the hood.

"Hey Were?"

"What?"

"I'll have to come here again, for a few days until Granny feels well."

A soft smile spread across her face, "Think you can accompany me?"

A rush of emotions and thoughts spread across his mind. He met with her innocent looking eyes.

Hunger.

Mentally giving himself a slap, Were crouched down and flicked her forehead (again).

"I'm a werewolf - half. And you met me today. I'm considered suspicious as well. It's bad to trust strangers easily," he nagged.

I was thinking the same you see..

"But Were seems nice! And you're not a stranger anymore," her grin widened, "You're my friend!"

Pink coloured Were's cheeks as he looked away, one hand on his mouth, "A-are you sure?"

Red's heart thumped a little in her chest, seeing the blushed face of the boy in front of her.

"Absolutely!"

"Fine..."

"Then, that's settled! See you tomorrow, Were!" Red exclaimed, giddy with excitement.

---

Were watched as the red hooded girl disappeared into the Cottage. He flinched upon remembering the word "friend". Wondering whether it was a right it wrong answer, Were shrugged it off and started heading in his own direction.

It's no big deal..

-----

(@_@) I feel unsatisfied with this chapter.. I sure hope anyone who is reading this story is enjoying so far.

So.. Please comment (or vote, that's your decision though..)

~ Miu