Chapter 15: Desire

The breeze blew through leaves like nothing out of the ordinary happened. It swirled past the soft flowers in the clearing. The flowers, white and light pink in colour were steadily being painted by a dark red as the wind died down.

"Were...! Were, hang in there!" Tears streaming down like waterfalls, Red cried as she tried to stop his bleeding. She had shut her eyes tightly as the blood on her clothes and hands made her feel nauseous.

A soft touch to her cheek made her open them to see the smiling face of the boy on her lap.

"R-Red... It's alright now... I don't think...I'll make it..."

That made her cry even harder. The pain swelling in her chest hurt her a lot more than a knife piercing her flesh. For so long, she had forgotten someone so precious to her. Now she had met him, remembered him, and now...she was going to lose him, again?

Red's trembling hand made its way to Were's, which was caressing her cheek. His strong hands were so very weak by then.

"How could you...say that!? I... I want you to stay! Didn't you say, didn't you say that...you love me!"

Her tears dripped onto Were's pale face. Of course, it pained him to see her like this. It pained him to leave her again. He knew that if he left, he won't leave her with a gift like happiness and hope, but rather, sadness and a void that can't be filled.

Of course he didn't want to leave.

The tear which formed on the corner of Were's eye, finally found its way down his cheek.

"I love you... I love you so much... I desire you, Red...! I-I don't want to die yet...!" Were quivered, burying his head to her chest, letting the waterworks flow.

Red wrapped her arms around Were's neck, pulling herself closer to him as well. Her words were caught up in the lump formed in her throat.

Were could feel his body weakening, he could feel his life energy being sapped away. Nevertheless, he forced himself to sit up.

"Don't force yourself..." Red said, tightly clutching his shirt. Were held Red's chin, making her look up to him. Her watery eyes slowly closed as he edged closer, placing his lips on hers.

It wasn't a short kiss, but a long and passionate one which ended as soon as Were's body slumped down, with three small words.

"I love you..."

The tears didn't stop, they wouldn't. Red glazed her eyes over the sharp object dropped nearby. It was the pocketknife she had grabbed earlier.

"I love you too." Red whispered, slicing the knife across her wrist without a single hesitation, but a trembling hand. Her flaming love for him allowed her to do so. The one with a desire for them to live together - be together - forever wasn't just Were, but Red as well.

Red tightly hugged the werewolf boy, whose arms still were wrapped around her waist, as darkness consumed her...

"The more closer a werewolf brings a person to them, the person's heart would slowly be eaten away by that desire. The werewolves would've consumed all of it.

Thus... The person would be driven by their desire to stay by the werewolf by doing any means necessary.

They would even give up their lives.

And you, Were, consumed Red's heart, completely... To the point she actually did give up her life..."

Harry stared down at the two lying dead at his feet, arms intertwined together.

"You stole her heart. She stole yours... Never on my power would I have been able to prevent that. But you should've known better. If you didn't come back, neither of you would've faced this. I can't, and never will, find it in my heart to forgive such a sinful bastard as you, Were."

He crouched down and caressed Red's cheek, cold and pale as ever.

"The only thing I can do for you now, Red...is to give you a proper burial...along with the one you so much love. Goodbye...forever. May you rest in peace..."

Harry shut his eyes sorrowfully, letting go the pain of losing someone precious. He finally got an idea of how the two felt when the saw how they could never be able to live together.

——–—————————————————————————————

..... We have finally reached the end. I don't know if I should feel happy or sad! I'm having a swirl of mixed emotions right now...! And to those who might've been disappointed by the ending, sorry~ It's just that I'm not too fond of "happily ever after"s.

I want to thank all of you who read this til the end. Thank you so very much! Especially to those who voted and commented on this.

I give a special thanks to a certain people who really encouraged me to write.

@Naoki001
@Dstarme
@EVOL1596
@Heroler_berode
@_kitsune_haruka_

Thank you guys so much! And to those whose names haven't been mentioned, know that I appreciate you all reading this book!

^-^// Thanks again! (Gosh, I'm thanking a lot, ain't I!)