Chapter 3: Thoughts

Were's POV

I walked along the path. The animals stared at me with their beady eyes. I felt hungry.

Snatching a hare with a swift movement I popped it in my mouth. The blood trickled down my chin, the sound of its bones cracking reaching my ears.

"...you're not a stranger anymore! You're my friend!..."

Upon remembering those words, I slowly came to a stop as I went for another bite. Sighing, I looked up at the blue sky almost sorrowfully.

How strange.

This aching feeling in my chest felt all too familiar for me to comprehend. So nostalgic..

Ahh... She doesn't seem to remember... I thought, shutting my eyes as a soft breeze rustled through the green leaves.

–––

Red's POV

A warm sensation spread across my chest, seeing my beloved grandmother smiling on her cozy bed, to add to the feeling of happiness I had from making a friend.

Making a new friend is always a thrill!

I set the basket of goods on a small table near the bed as I took a seat besides grandma.

"It's nice to see you little red riding hood", grandma smiled wider, her old wrinkled hands patting my blond hair.

After chatting a bit and having her medicine and tea, grandma laid back to have her afternoon nap.

Having done what I came for, I decided to look around the cottage before heading home.

I though about Were, looking through the books lined on the shelf. For some reason, I had a feeling that I saw, or maybe even met Were somewhere before.

I passed it off, for I couldn't seem to recall meeting anyone such as him.

That was when I noticed an old looking, dusty book at the far back of the shelf.

"Little Red Riding Hood" was the name on the cover. I stared at it in bewilderment.

This was a book I brought to grandma's about a year ago. It seems as if I forgot about it. If I remember correctly.. I got this book as a present from someone four or six years ago..

A person whom I met once only to see that he had disappeared after giving this to me. He used to be my closest friend for over a year before he left.

I tried to remember his face, more less, his name. However I couldn't seem to remember anything.

Giving up, I sat down on a chair to read the book once more.

---

The hunter burst open the wolf's stomach and rescued Little Red Riding Hood and her grandmother who were trapped inside the cupboard, ready to be eaten.

---

The ending made me feel depressed. Couldn't they have tried to make the wolf be sensible or something which was rational. I don't get it.

Aren't wolves and humans not able to be friends?

I looked out the window with that thought. My thoughts automatically directed towards Were.

I want us to be friends...

––––––––––––—————————————————————————–

Okay okay. I made up the part of the story cos' I was too lazy to look up on it *giggles*

Anyways, it seems as if these chapters are getting shorter by the... Chapter! (Lame joke)

But man, thinking up of what to write in a chapter is hard ( ̄^ ̄)
Oh well, I hoped you liked the crappy sorta chap.

Thanks for reading. Just so you know, comments are more than welcome! Vote is you like it.. And follow if you can tolerate with my laziness (OK, that was a joke coz if I DO get followers, I'll try to be more punctual.. But then again, it's hard when you almost die tryna get some source of internet...)

So stay tuned for the next chapter!