Chapter 9: Revealed

Hunter's POV
Red had gone out of the village again. Where in the world was she going? I'm back, yet she isn't spending much time with me. So what if she saw me doing something which displeased her. I mean, I'm supposed to be a big brother for her!

I roamed around the boring village greeting every single villager with a smile. God, this act is so tiring. Maybe I should just hunt for some animals.

As I made up my mind, a red coloured clothing caught my eye. No mistake, that was Red coming out of the woods. Knowing she would pass the house I was leaning on, I waited for her.

"Where have you been?" I asked, smiling at her. I think my mouth is starting to hurt from all those fake smiles.

"I... Went to see if I could find any good herbs in the woods."

She averted her eyes. And that means one thing; she lied.

"Red... How many years have I spent with you to know when you're lying and when you aren't?"

"It has nothing to do with you, hasn't it?" She replied making me a bit annoyed. Whatever she was doing mattered to me, a lot. I was supposed to be a big brother to her and this is how she replied back to me?

She need to learn obedience once again, huh.

"Red, you're like a little sister to me. And it is the duty of an elder brother to look after his little sister, is it not?"

She kept silent. That's good. All she need to do is listen to me and respond obediently. I think she's reverting to how she used to be when he didn't barge in.

"Now tell me. Are you doing something else besides collecting stuff? Like, maybe, meeting up with someone?" I asked once again, trying not to sound suspicious.

About the part where Red becoming obedient again like she used to... God, I was proven wrong just by her words and actions in reply to that.

"I have some work to do, if you'll excuse me..."

I stared in utter shock at her distancing figure, her back facing me. How disobedient. How disloyal. I'm certain that she's hiding something from me...

"What a troublesome girl you've become, Red... You used to be so obedient."

—–—

I looked out of my room window. As per usual, Red was jogging towards the woods. Today, I was precise that I'd tail her. I don't want to see her slip away from my fingers again.

Quickly slipping on my coat, I walked along a few good distance behind Red. All I needed to do was keep Red in my vision and I'll soon find out this secret of hers.

——–

I had no words for what I found out. The place itself brought back unpleasant memories of that despicable being.

No, this can't be...!

I was sure Red would run away from that filth as soon as she laid her eyes upon his miserable figure. But why..!? Why did she go to his side!? Why did she comfort him? Why was she always by him?

What did I do wrong to lose her trust!?

Before I blew my cover, I started to slowly stomp away. The bush rustled a bit, but I didn't bother about them hearing me anyway.

After walking away from that sickly nostalgic spot, I let all my pent up rage on the tree which stood at my side. I could've sworn that some skin was teared off due to the impact of my fist on the rough edge of the wood.

Why was he back!?

—–——————————————————————————————

Hello there, fellow readers! I hope you all liked this chapter. I think I'm starting to update sooner due to school starting yesterday, huh. Well, school is a bore *shrugs*

Well, thank you for reading and don't forget to vote or leave a comment!