Chapter 3 - Hooded Figure | Jason

I see the bad moon a-rising

I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightning
I see bad times today

Don't go around tonight
Well, it's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise

—Bad Moon Rising, Cover by Mourning Ritual

—Bad Moon Rising,  Cover by Mourning Ritual

Rachel sighed at the sight of him.

He stood so tall, and to her, he seemed larger than life at times. His broad shoulders strained against his white shirt. She missed calling him hers. She missed his touch.

It broke her heart to see him this cold and distant.

If she could just get him to sit and talk to her, she could remind him of what they had.

She slowly walked toward him. Purposefully dragging out the anticipation to reach him.

Please, talk to me.

The sun was past its peak casting the city in its warm orange glow

The sun was past its peak casting the city in its warm orange glow. The sinister promise of nightfall loomed and with it, the night owls came to life.

It was a slow Friday afternoon, and most had already left for the weekend. Yet, still waiting on the top floor of Knight Enterprises—a tall glass skyscraper in the heart of Lunarlake City—was Jason Knight. The young CEO stood by the floor-to-ceiling window in his lavish office, looking out over the concrete jungle below.

Jason's faint reflection in the window stared back at him. He resembled his father, but he was nothing like the late Harrison Knight. People who knew Harrison would say he was assertive. Jason knew him to be dangerous.

Jason never took an interest in the family business. Now, after Harrison died of a sudden heart attack, it was shoved down his throat.

He has been bombarded with an onslaught of questions and concerns regarding the future of his family's empire. Everyone wanted a piece of him, and the media found it lucrative to endorse the doubt circling the 26-year-old's competence.