Chapter 13 - Arctic Lair | Skylar

What shall I do?
It's me or you
You crossed the line now
So this has to go down
Your breath on my skin
Eyes filled with sin
Three seconds more and
Blood will be pouring

—You made me do it by Tommee Profit

It was finally Tuesday. Skylar could not be happier for something to do other than dwelling on the cosmic glitch that was her life. It was ten to noon and she sat on a park bench, waiting for Tommy or Matt to make an appearance.

No one in the park paid her any attention. People were busy with trivial things, walking the dog, grabbing lunch, or taking a smoke break. Skylar thought the park an odd place, then again, who would suspect a couple of guys chatting in a park of dealing drugs? It's sad how often bad things happen unnoticed in plain sight.

Skylar looked up at the tall glass skyscraper across the park. The building boasted its name—Knight's Enterprises—in giant aluminum letters. It was an impressive structure, a modern piece of architecture.

So, this was Mr. Knight's empire. She wondered how much of his time was spent in this glass tower. Was he there now?

Skylar sighed and turned her attention back to the steps. She recognized Tommy along with Matt approaching. They seemed relaxed—nothing more than a literal walk in the park.

A man walked right past Skylar toward Tommy and Mat. They looked up at the man and in her direction. Skylar shrunk back behind the shrubbery pretending to text on her phone.

This must be Connor. He was of normal height and build, with fair skin and silver-blond hair. She watched the three men huddled together for no longer than five minutes before they dispersed.

Tommy and Matt walked off in the direction they came.

Connor turned and walked back the way he came.

This is it. Skylar waited for him to pass before she slowly got up and trailed him from a safe distance. In the parking lot, a chauffeur held the door to a silver Mercedes. Connor got in, and she hurried to the Audi.

Skylar watched them drive out onto the street. She allowed two cars between them and then followed. They drove out of the hustle and bustle towards an industrial part of the city. The street was filled with factories and warehouses, and only the odd house or bar could be seen in between.

Succubus isn't far from here. This must be Wolf territory. Did that mean the warehouse at the docks was Rider territory? It would make sense since these two areas were in totally opposite parts of the city.

The number of cars was less around these parts. Skylar had to hold back a greater distance to stay out of sight. The Mercedes pulled up to a warehouse located between a sports bar and an open field.

Connor got out and a few men greeted him outside the warehouse. The group slowly made their way to the sports bar—Arctic Lair.

Very subtle.