Chapter 34 - Theories | Skylar

Skylar admittedly preferred Aaron's reserved energy to the boisterous personalities of Sam and Jess

Skylar admittedly preferred Aaron's reserved energy to the boisterous personalities of Sam and Jess. He quietly texted on his phone in the car. She appreciated his silence over the need for idle chit-chat.

Skylar turned into the street of Jason's building.

"No, don't enter here, drive to the next entrance." Aaron pointed to a heavily secured and closed-off entry to the basement.

Skylar frowned. "Okay."

Aaron greeted the security, and he allowed them access.

"Park anywhere, but the elevator is in that corner." Aaron pointed to the left corner in the back.

Skylar recognized Jason's Mustang and parked next to it. "Whose cars are these?" She stared in awe at the impressive collection.

Aaron got out of the Audi. "Jason's."

"All these cars belong to him?"

Aaron nodded. "Yep, this is his private basement."

Aaron led the way to the private access elevator. There was just one button that read 'Penthouse', he pressed it and the doors immediately slid open.

Aaron walked into the elevator. "I invited Rachel, she'll be here in a few minutes."

Skylar rolled her eyes with a sigh. "Great, now it's officially a party."

"She'll warm up to you." He shrugged.

"When hell freezes over."

The elevator doors opened again, only this time it didn't open to the foyer, but directly inside the house.

"Suck it up." He smirked over his shoulder and rushed around the corner into the living room.

The cheek. Skylar rushed in after him.

Aaron stood grinning behind Jason, who looked at Skylar with a frown.

Skylar crossed her arms over her chest. "Oh, that's real brave, hide behind Jason."

"I saw you fight. I'd rather not get my ass kicked by a woman."

Skylar shook her head. "Then don't provoke me."

Jason raised his eyebrows and walked to stand behind Skylar. He pulled her against him. "Should I ask why you want to kick his ass or just hold him down for you?" he whispered looking over her head.

Skylar grinned. "Aaron here thought it would be smart to invite Rachel over."

Jason sighed and turned her to face him. "Be nice, Rachel is one of us."

Skylar rolled her eyes with a shrug.

Jason pulled a hand through his hair. "Why were you at Aaron's house?" He narrowed his eyes at Skylar.